Dionysus Olympus Barrel Society

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABSTRACTlegend

Reaction score
16939208.gif

how has this not been started yet....

oh wait! nevermind
kickstarterfail.png

thread shitters welcome ;)
game-of-thrones-come-at-me-bro.gif

also

9bf4b852-7c97-4bb5-b4b0-45cdf277cf91.jpg

Rosé Sauvage (batch 2) is your first membership release of the 2017 year. Each member gets 2 bottles included with the membership, but there will be a chance to purchase extras. The limit on these has yet to be determined. We will most likely do 2 to 3 bottles extra per person depending on our yield on bottling day next week! Extras will be $20 per person and the sale for this release will start on Feb. 17th noon PST and end on Feb. 24th noon PST! The release party will be Feb. 25th starting at 9am PST!

Am thinking about signing up this year. I assume they use GSO to ship? Thoughts on pros and cons ABSTRACTlegend?
As someone who has never visited the brewery I was happy with the membership this year. $15 dollar flat rate for shipping no matter how many bottles you have. The beers have all been excellent. Love the option of paying $50 dollars less and not getting a growler. Glassware was pretty weak tho. Hated the design and logo.

I would def suggest signing up. Heard they are doing IPAs next year. Hope they don’t focus too much on the IPA and stick to their sours.

aawaBEDiQAH8frcaqUzBOzLLzAcl5rINfCNvU1hdUg8BNYzr2HPeG1-bNi81nXZswUspRuztMe2hUt6KVz5tILxi0v_krFJC49By7VzEeq-axBvJdpgwdYKX3BNPPeS1A7qXBqPTbGVx3kh6hOnmMLUlIEauUXfZB5ysSBpVzKW1pNM=s0-d-e1-ft

man Kyle sure does love those pastry sours!
21462859_1438522036255951_8181397884795510933_n.jpg

lol another pastry sour!

Mr. Mojo Razzin - batch 1 - (6.4%) Our American sour ale aged in red wine barrels for over a year with black raspberries, vanilla beans, and cinnamon sticks! This is the 4th membership release of the 2017 Olympus Barrel Society so this will see no distro or be able to purchase bottles in house.

seems like the vanilla cinnnamon and red wine flavors will clash

21462859_1438522036255951_8181397884795510933_n.jpg

lol another pastry sour!

Mr. Mojo Razzin - batch 1 - (6.4%) Our American sour ale aged in red wine barrels for over a year with black raspberries, vanilla beans, and cinnamon sticks! This is the 4th membership release of the 2017 Olympus Barrel Society so this will see no distro or be able to purchase bottles in house.

seems like the vanilla cinnnamon and red wine flavors will clash
They absolutely do not. I had it out of the barrel a couple weeks ago and holy **** is it good. None of the flavors overpower the others.

2018 Membership Perks:
  • 12 exclusive bottles from 6 releases. (2 bottles per release - brewer's choice)
  • 1 Exclusive Member Glass
  • 2018 Membership ID
  • 10% Discount in-house or online orders for bottles, cans, merch.
  • First dibs on public bottle releases (while supplies last)
  • First year we will allow our IPA's to be purchased online and to be shipped (while supplies last)
  • Option to have bottles/cans pick-up from the brewery or shipped (at additional cost).
  • Shipping: For those who wish to have their allocations and membership items shipped within California (at an additional cost) for both cans and bottles, the customer is responsible for purchasing shipping via our online store once the membership items are made available. We do not ship outside of California.
  • Cost: $300 + tax & CRV (California Redemption Value). Non-refundable.

Membership renewels go up tomorrow and ends October 14th

23622413_10156888216473065_1508865977887587301_n.jpg

Fruit and Coffee in a sour w/ bourbon?

I don't know about this one
Agree, sounds nasty. Hope to be surprised though. This following the still beer as the last two included bottles has me feeling down about this membership at the close of this year. Hopefully they are better tasting than they sound on paper.

Agree, sounds nasty. Hope to be surprised though. This following the still beer as the last two included bottles has me feeling down about this membership at the close of this year. Hopefully they are better tasting than they sound on paper.
ya man just gonna have to wait and see, ill prob hold off buying extras of this one and end up regretting it. I was hoping they would of done at least 1 barrel aged stout this year. Did you have last years? was it good

ya man just gonna have to wait and see, ill prob hold off buying extras of this one and end up regretting it. I was hoping they would of done at least 1 barrel aged stout this year. Did you have last years? was it good
I too am going to pass on extras of both of these last two beers, and like you may end up regretting it. I just wish there was a way we could try before we buy. Even if we go to the release party we have to have already purchased our bottles before hand.
It was OK, I wouldn't buy it again. They currently have a stout and barleywine in barrels for next year. Kyle said he plans on doing more clean BA beers once they get their new system up and running.

Rest in Funk - first beer release of the year
Lil Miss Blackberry - first member bottle of the year
I found it, I'm a fool.

2zdc8zTS7nsS98NaAIxUu1ZYmgN0jL7sW_26j91j03o8TnDmpbhbtaDUlpUYdb4P_xXiuw1B7BkCX10G9TwpIHl68PgmKlNXu_301R1l5TRIKiNodcGTem_0J_DOMCbQgBYNSCYzgKiZ7ixGRLbpfljdLenMfC20L8IJSXW1a9MBHCY=s0-d-e1-ft

Rest in Funk - A wild ale that is aged in freshly emptied Currantly Noir barrels for 14 months. This beer was initially fermented with a clean ale yeast then rested in the funk of our house culture of wild yeast & bacteria!

pvWofNYNMiFydK-d1mKZkkIOJQtUrHP-EFYNy5g2ff3lEMapspmChzlTGgKkbsBmvOBqrS7ppIfRIkob054_EqMMdBUsiqsQOhygvqu92pRi8Hr5ZENmxjbRsvjajyI9h_juRKt7l6uaE7BuUDQAyzreSwELxQVtlMnwtWyPOpdZTfQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Is the shipping checkout system down or am I doing something wrong? Just tried to fill a shipper but wouldn’t let me add a box to pay.

Back