BeNeLux Drie Fonteinen Open Beer Days

Help Support Talkbeer:

Last night was crazy. Arrived at 20h40 and stood in line for 3 hours. It was very clear they never expected such a big turnout. Lots of families waiting in line en people who were getting paid to stand in line. Lots of people skipped the free sample of young lambic, which is an indication in itself. Never seen things like that before on a bottle release in Belgium... And to think that they didn't even announce the Benne bottle release officially.
I heard people say that they were normally planning on doing tours in the brewery, etc., but couldn't even do this due to lack of personnel.

Last night was crazy. Arrived at 20h40 and stood in line for 3 hours. It was very clear they never expected such a big turnout. Lots of families waiting in line en people who were getting paid to stand in line. Lots of people skipped the free sample of young lambic, which is an indication in itself. Never seen things like that before on a bottle release in Belgium... And to think that they didn't even announce the Benne bottle release officially.
I heard people say that they were normally planning on doing tours in the brewery, etc., but couldn't even do this due to lack of personnel.
Jesus. I won't be there till 11:30, not looking forward to this tbh

Was gutted they weren't doing any tours yesterday, but given that I spent an hour in line for bottles and half an hour for pours just to have one glass of Zenne before needing to catch the train, I understood.

Hopefully the crowds die down after today and Sunday will be a nice leisurely day to enjoy pours and tours.

Pretty funny seeing so many people pack the last train back to Brussels and immediately invade Moeder Fontainas.

Queues are about 40 minutes at the moment. Not too bad. Out of OGV for the day though.
Friday it was limited to 2 OGV per person , today only 1 OGV per person. :(
Still got some Zenne though :cool:

I arrived at 10AM and there were already over 200 people waiting in line :eek:

Luckily amk and angry_lobster were there before me and let me through the people waiting in line before me.
Thanks guys ! Very much appreciated ! ;)

Anyone know if I'll have any chance to score ogv tomorrow? Didn't get any and I kind of need it.
I heard some rumors but it's still an 8 hour round trip so ehhhh

Latest posts