Drie Fonteinen Open Beer Days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaseous Clay

Reaction score
As to not clutter up any other thread I figured i'd start one for this years OBD (and discussion of any future ones should the thread become successful).

Information for 2017 OBD (with more to come, as always ;)) :

Open Bier Dagen: opening op vrijdag 1 september om 20u.
Zaterdag, zondag en maandag van 10.00u tot 17.00u.
Tijdens de Open Bier Dagen wordt een selectie van (lambik)bieren aangeboden - de bieren uit de caveaus zijn dan niet te degusteren. Op woensdag 30 en donderdag 31 augustus en vrijdag 1 september van 10u tot 17u is de lambik-O-droom gewoon open en zijn alle bieren beschikbaar (zie www.3fonteinen.be/menu).
----------
Open Beer Days: Grand Opening 1st of September 2017 at 8PM.
Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 10AM to 5PM. During the Open Beer Days, a selection of (lambic) beers is available - the cellar beers are not available at that moment (www.3fonteinen.be/menu), but they are available on Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st of August and the 1st of September from 10AM to 5PM, when the lambik-O-droom is open as always.

Will anyone else be there? I'll be there either Friday evening or Saturday morning (or both...) and certainly the day before to try the vintage bottles not available during OBD.

No word of what is to be released to-go this year, though Armand posted some OG, A&G, A&G mag's, Hommage, and Tuverbol b2 on instagram a few weeks ago. Im sure we will be updated the day before, or day of the event.

I'll be there Friday, but leaving late afternoon or early evening. Would love to split some bottles to get to try more.

I'll be there Friday, but leaving late afternoon or early evening. Would love to split some bottles to get to try more.

OBD wont start until Friday night, so if youre only going for afternoon you wont be able to try the OBD line-up it seems. Just a heads up.

Sidenote: anyone familiar with how late the train from Lot to Brussels runs? Definitely want to go friday but am bound by the train schedule.

I'm confused, I thought it reads that they're available 10 am to 5 pm?

Is
OBD wont start until Friday night, so if youre only going for afternoon you wont be able to try the OBD line-up it seems. Just a heads up.

Sidenote: anyone familiar with how late the train from Lot to Brussels runs? Definitely want to go friday but am bound by the train schedule.
Is that just for onsite?

Alright y'all, tomorrow starts the fun!
I'll be there during normal hours and will return at 8 after a dinner in town. I'll be wearing a Teklife sweater and have a nose ring. Come say hi if you're around! More than happy to split bottles as I will be leaving around 10 to catch the last train back to Brussels.

I will be leaving around 10 to catch the last train back to Brussels.
Wish I could join in, but stuck here in Sweden. Please double check the time at over at belgianrail.be so I didn't get the tables wrong or something (I've only taken that train once and that was during daytime). I don't wanna be responsible for a lost american with a nose ring out in Pajottenland. ;)

Wish I could join in, but stuck here in Sweden. Please double check the time at over at belgianrail.be so I didn't get the tables wrong or something (I've only taken that train once and that was during daytime). I don't wanna be responsible for a lost american with a nose ring out in Pajottenland. ;)
Ha! Thanks, will double check before I leave.

Last night was crazy. Arrived at 20h40 and stood in line for 3 hours. It was very clear they never expected such a big turnout. Lots of families waiting in line en people who were getting paid to stand in line. Lots of people skipped the free sample of young lambic, which is an indication in itself. Never seen things like that before on a bottle release in Belgium... And to think that they didn't even announce the Benne bottle release officially.
I heard people say that they were normally planning on doing tours in the brewery, etc., but couldn't even do this due to lack of personnel.

Last night was crazy. Arrived at 20h40 and stood in line for 3 hours. It was very clear they never expected such a big turnout. Lots of families waiting in line en people who were getting paid to stand in line. Lots of people skipped the free sample of young lambic, which is an indication in itself. Never seen things like that before on a bottle release in Belgium... And to think that they didn't even announce the Benne bottle release officially.
I heard people say that they were normally planning on doing tours in the brewery, etc., but couldn't even do this due to lack of personnel.
Jesus. I won't be there till 11:30, not looking forward to this tbh

Was gutted they weren't doing any tours yesterday, but given that I spent an hour in line for bottles and half an hour for pours just to have one glass of Zenne before needing to catch the train, I understood.

Hopefully the crowds die down after today and Sunday will be a nice leisurely day to enjoy pours and tours.

Pretty funny seeing so many people pack the last train back to Brussels and immediately invade Moeder Fontainas.

Queues are about 40 minutes at the moment. Not too bad. Out of OGV for the day though.

Friday it was limited to 2 OGV per person , today only 1 OGV per person. :(
Still got some Zenne though :cool:

I arrived at 10AM and there were already over 200 people waiting in line :eek:

Luckily amk and angry_lobster were there before me and let me through the people waiting in line before me.
Thanks guys ! Very much appreciated ! ;)

Anyone know if I'll have any chance to score ogv tomorrow? Didn't get any and I kind of need it.
I heard some rumors but it's still an 8 hour round trip so ehhhh

RNbvdVL.jpg

Yeah 55 euro just for the decanter, 75 euro if you bought it together with the Zenne.

Back