Drinking Etiquette Question

Help Support Talkbeer:

Your wife could like, talk about her feelings with the neighbor?
As long as she starts the convo with "with all due respect"......everything after is fair game.
Guessing you guys are single or have amazing partners.

This guy knows the drill. My wife would rather seethe and persevorate than address the issue. I offered to start giving the neighbor shit for her cheap ways. I offered to buy a box of two-buck chuck and give it to the neighbor so "she has something to contribute", but no, I am not allowed to ruffle such feathers.

Do you talk to the other neighbors about the mooch? Maybe see if the other wine person will say something to the lady who doesn't share..

Do you talk to the other neighbors about the mooch? Maybe see if the other wine person will say something to the lady who doesn't share..
I know my wife has mentioned it on occasion to another neighbor.

She struck again this last Labor Day. We did a neighborhood bbq in the front yard. It was a potluck for all the neighbors. She literally was holding an open glass and asked when a specific neighbor (who often brings wine) was going to arrive. I was very tempted to say something. Sheesh.

My wife is wonderful and this is an example. If somebody was mooching my beer and bringing nothing to the party...they would hear about it very quickly.

If neighbor actually has a bottle with her, you do the old "Oooohhh what do you got here? A Shiraz? Damn! Let's pop that thing."

Anyone else see a parallel with bad traders? If you call them out it'll be drama so people avoid it until they can't take it anymore.

She struck again this last Labor Day. We did a neighborhood bbq in the front yard. It was a potluck for all the neighbors. She literally was holding an open glass and asked when a specific neighbor (who often brings wine) was going to arrive. I was very tempted to say something. Sheesh.
How's this whole situation going? Anyone crack and have a shouting fit? Any new stories of blatant moochery?

How's this whole situation going? Anyone crack and have a shouting fit? Any new stories of blatant moochery?
Current scene

Another neighbor brought out both bottles. The moocher quickly switched from water to wine. Guessing she'll never make it back to her place before the end of the night.

Nothing has changed. She has a good thing g and my wife is too nice to say anything.

Latest posts