Duvel beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerstudents1

Reaction score
Dear fellow beer fanatics,

We are a team of student who need your opinion!

Questions :
1) What do you think about Duvel?
2) How would you feel if a Belgian beer - Duvel - was produced in the US? (compared to production in Belgium)
3) How do you feel about canned craft beers? (compared to bottled craft beers)

Thank you so much for your cooperation,
Beer loving students!

2wq7wcm.gif

2) How would you feel if a Belgian beer - Duvel - was produced in the US? (compared to production in Belgium)

tumblr_inline_mg4mbsjhfp1ry4qim.gif

tumblr_inline_mwmh3pXfC71qce578.gif

Did I pass?

Thanks for your responses. You passed OakedCanuck :D We would even appreciate if you could tell us in words how you feel! Keep responding, thanks a lot guys! Much appreciated!

Dear fellow beer fanatics,

We are a team of student who need your opinion!

Questions :

Thank you so much for your cooperation,
Beer loving students!
Your response rate should go up if you make a complete, and well-written, survey, and post the link.
I'll humor you because I'm a few hours away from a 3-day weekend+music festival.

1) Duvel was a great gateway beer to drinking more craft. However, I don't see myself buying it any time soon (or not). So many other options to try (both locally produced and shipped in). Plus trading.
2) If Duvel was produced in the US and the quality did not change, cool. Still wouldn't buy it right now. IF quality suffered, I'd be disappointed for D-M co. and 100% never buy it again (instead of my current 99%).

3) Cans are better for the reasons quirkzoo said.
3) Superior package. Lighter in weight, no light penetration, better oxygen protection...
Cans can be brought more places, packed into a box or fridge much better (being shorter helps) and so on. The downside is I don't think you can age canned beer as well as in a bottle. That sounds like a good experiment.

We have discussed the physical package on here before. Using simple terms, Bottles have a higher fracture point, cans have a lower deformation puncture point. Bottles won't puncture, cans won't fracture. Bottles have a fragile neck and bottom. Cans will deform but not break til a lot of pressure. Bottles can break from sudden impact, but it takes quite a bit to squeeze one to break.

The general can vs. bottle reasons and plenty of persons' opinion on this topic are out there, I'd suggest googling this before descending into the Mos Eisley of beer.

An American Belgian? It'll fit in well with American Lambic and South Carolinian Gose.

I would probably like Duvel better if it were spontaneously fermented and aged oak casks.

I bought a total of one Duvel this year and it was while in the Netherlands.

No joke... I think the last time I had Duvel was when I was working as bartender during college back in 2002... Don't even remember what it tastes like

Questions :
56169-50-cent-driving-Bert-gif--Imgu-lv8G.gif

VhpTht6.gif

sunny5.gif

The Flemish pronunciation is ‘Doov’l, while the French speaking Belgians favor Doo-velle. Either way you can be sure to get what you want, because there is only one Duvel.
To my knowledge there is no "uu" sound in English. Therefore "Doovul" with the "vul" like in Vulture would be acceptable. And yes, there is only one Duvel, so if you order one they will understand. 😉

Back