US - Pacific Eclipse Release Party

Help Support Talkbeer:

Don't forget for you guys traveling back to the valley on Friday, Moonraker is having a couple cans released. Electric Lettuce, and some other IPA I forgot, but would be a nice reason to stop by.

Don't forget for you guys traveling back to the valley on Friday, Moonraker is having a couple cans released. Electric Lettuce, and some other IPA I forgot, but would be a nice reason to stop by.
Citra Mango Milkshake was the other can being released.

Yeah, I believe our plan is to stop there. Although I hear the lines have sucked more and more lately...

Okay I'm pretty hyped now:

I know we said we'd wait to announce them at the party, but we couldn't help ourselves. Announcing THREE additional styles that will be party/pub exclusive:

Elijah Craig 12yr® (Limit 2)
Maple-Coffee Blend (Limit 3)
Maple-Vanilla Blend (Limit 3)

As with all other styles, for those of you who would like to stock up, all limits will be removed come Friday morning.

See you all tomorrow night!
Maple Vanilla should be fucking awesome. Last year the Maple was the best one (though I didn't go to the party so I'm not 100% sure I had them all...)

Any thoughts on the party bottles or the Salted Caramel bottle?
Tequila was awesome, I normally hate tequila-barrel things but it was by far the best of any I've had. It was up there with my favorite variants at the party (and no, I'm not planning on trading my bottle, so I'm not just pumping it up).

I thought Salted Caramel was fine, bought a couple because it was interesting. My favorites, all basically tied so no particular order, were:

-Joseph Magnus
-EC 12
-Maple
-Maple Vanilla
-Tequila

I didn't like the Maple Coffee as much as the others, I think mostly because I don't drink coffee and prefer it to be more subtle in beers, both Maple Coffee and regular Coffee were pretty heavy on the coffee.

Did you try the Maple-Coffee and Maple-Vanilla as well?
I was not a fan at ALL of maple-coffee or the straight up coffee. The coffee flavor was astringent and harsh. Was really disappointed and glad I didnt buy any from futures. Maple-vanilla was fantastic as was the straight vanilla. The straight vanilla was much more balanced this year. Willet and EC12 were my favorite of the single barrels with Apple Brandy close behind. The rye blend was also great if you are a fan of rye.

I really enjoyed doing a maple-vanilla and raspberry cuvee. Tasted effing amazing.