Eclipse Release Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usofar

Reaction score
Surprised there's no thread for this. A little more than a week away. 10 Day forcast has a 60% chance of snow next Thursday. Is anyone getting in Wednesday night? I'll be arriving late and open to opening a couple bottles.

I'm getting in on Wednesday to do the vertical tasting. I doubt I'll be up for bottles after that, since it doesn't start to 7:30 and we'll be drinking a ****ton of stouts.

Also, what are people bringing? For the love of god not stouts. I'll probably do some Cantillon, some other sours. Maybe a 3L Supplication, that would be fun.

Since banned on BA missed Todd's post about vertical, oh well. Thinking Upland Raspberry, Veritas 012, Noble Tongue Tickles and whatever else i toss in my luggage.

Sours are the worst, I don't have anything worth sharing to take because I am the worst.
Then bring Blind Pig. Anything to mix it up, and all styles besides sours and stouts are ridiculously underrepresented at these things. I'm serious, if you bring Blind Pig then find me because I'll take some.

Then bring Blind Pig. Anything to mix it up, and all styles besides sours and stouts are ridiculously underrepresented at these things. I'm serious, if you bring Blind Pig then find me because I'll take some.
That would mean I have access to blind pig. Maybe I will take a FW growler of something

Surprised there's no thread for this. A little more than a week away. 10 Day forcast has a 60% chance of snow next Thursday. Is anyone getting in Wednesday night? I'll be arriving late and open to opening a couple bottles.
Getting in Thursday leaving Friday

That would mean I have access to blind pig. Maybe I will take a FW growler of something
Anything you're proud to share is cool. The share is really just for variety, we're all there for the Eclipse. No one should feel down about what they're bringing to share. Last year my friend who's not as into beer as most here brought a growler of Icky IPA from Reno that was well recieved. It's going to be a blast!

Anything you're proud to share is cool. The share is really just for variety, we're all there for the Eclipse. No one should feel down about what they're bringing to share. Last year my friend who's not as into beer as most here brought a growler of Icky IPA from Reno that was well recieved. It's going to be a blast!
I also really want to emphasize how much it helps to have something to break up the other beers. Like, a growler of Daytime would be ****ing perfect to bring, because no one ever thinks of that sort of thing and having something that's delicious but low-ABV and pretty different is huge. So if you don't want to bring something fancy-ass, bring something like that.

PLEASE bring low-gravity beers to share. At the end of last year, I was carrying eikhcsel around. Poor guy couldn't hold his liquor. I also observed westcoastbeerlvr in facepaint.

Think of the children.

Good practice for dodging throwing knives this year I hope. I can't wait to be asked while waiting in line if I know Arbitrator.

My brother and I are flying in on Thurs afternoon and then heading to Squaw Fri if there's snow, if not we'll drive to Russian River, win-win. We'll bring a few non-stouts. After attending many Bruery functions, my palate has grown accustomed to Hottenroth cleansers.

My brother and I are flying in on Thurs afternoon and then heading to Squaw Fri if there's snow, if not we'll drive to Russian River, win-win. We'll bring a few non-stouts. After attending many Bruery functions, my palate has grown accustomed to Hottenroth cleansers.

It'll be good seeing you guys again. We talked about the Eclipse party at the last clusterfork.

It'll be good seeing you guys again. We talked about the Eclipse party at the last clusterfork.
Ah yes, slowly putting faces to handles. Thanks for the helpful advice.

Why the hell were you banned from BA? You're like the nicest guy ever

Ah yes, slowly putting faces to handles. Thanks for the helpful advice.

Why the hell were you banned from BA? You're like the nicest guy ever

I never really got a reason, my only guess is that even with my extremely limited knowledge of beer I know more about beer than the Bros. Or possibly because I don't find humor in having people's cars towed... Regardless of why I got banned there, I'm happy to be here.

Last edited:
Low ABV. Check. Maybe get some Oaktoberfest growlers from FW since they won't do their saison in growlers yet. Maybe go to barrelhouse and see if their beers are worth taking there yet since they have some low ABV stuff.

I never really got a reason, my only guess is that even with my extremely limited knowledge of beer I know more about beer than the Bros. Or possibly because I don't find humor in having people's cars towed... Regardless of why I got banned there, I'm happy to be here.
It was Beer Disrespectation.. .. TROLL 2/..

Totally found some Crooked Stave and A Cucumber saison in my beer fridge. Might have some light options after all.

I get in on Thursday and leave Friday after bottle pick up. Plan on bring a huge variety of Crooked Stave stuff and maybe a few other surprises. Can't wait. I have been looking forward to this event as soon as I was done nursing the hangover from last years event.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Side note - I MAY have an extra ticket available. Should know more by tomorrow. I would like to keep the special bottle, and the abilty to purchase half of the PVW eclipse allocation. Mostly looking for a Beat mule (I will supply $$$, just need pickup and delivery) no cost for ticket.

I get in on Thursday and leave Friday after bottle pick up. Plan on bring a huge variety of Crooked Stave stuff and maybe a few other surprises. Can't wait. I have been looking forward to this event as soon as I was done nursing the hangover from last years event.

Side note - I MAY have an extra ticket available. Should know more by tomorrow. I would like to keep the special bottle, and the abilty to purchase half of the PVW eclipse allocation. Mostly looking for a Beat mule (I will supply $$$, just need pickup and delivery) no cost for ticket.
abecall98 might be interested or know someone from the sacramento crew who is.

I grabbed a Halia and Gillian, and have a few random Sasions at my house, how many bottles is normal to take?
I basically always recommend only bringing 2 to bottle shares, because how much people can collectively drink doesn't change with the number of people, and 2 750's over the course or 4-5 hours is a pretty reasonable limit. That said lots and lots of people will bring more than that (looking at you eikhcsel) so if you'd rather have more options, feel free to bring more.

I basically always recommend only bringing 2 to bottle shares, because how much people can collectively drink doesn't change with the number of people, and 2 750's over the course or 4-5 hours is a pretty reasonable limit. That said lots and lots of people will bring more than that (looking at you eikhcsel) so if you'd rather have more options, feel free to bring more.
Stu comes through again. Thanks!

PLEASE bring low-gravity beers to share.

heading to Squaw Fri if there's snow. After attending many Bruery functions, my palate has grown accustomed to Hottenroth cleansers.

I'll be slingin' one or more of these I'm sure. . .
Hottenroth, Oarsmen, NG BerW

Mt. Rose (where I haves my season pass) has plenty of snow. Dunno about Squaw, wrong side of the lake for me!

Exactly. I am going to bring some IPAs, probably growlers of Nelson and Apprentice. I also plan to bring a nice sour.

I'll be slingin' one or more of these I'm sure. . .
Hottenroth, Oarsmen, NG BerW

Mt. Rose (where I haves my season pass) has plenty of snow. Dunno about Squaw, wrong side of the lake for me!
Doesn't look like we're going to get the snow we're hoping for, but it's gonna be cold as balls. If Mt. Rose looks better, we can trek over there, only about an hour drive. Either way it's going to be a gametime decision on Weds. night. Wish the Beat release was this weekend.

Anyone know what the "Brewmaster's Choice" beer is this year?

It's pretty unlikely that we'll know before the party. Though I'll try to get it out of them at the vertical tasting!

HUMBLEBRAG ALERT!!!!

I've known every year ahead of time. There is no greater ethical violation, than breaking an attorney-brewer confidentiality agreement.

I might be interested, but I might also not be with wanting someone to mule you beat for it

I might be interested, but I might also not be with wanting someone to mule you beat for it

?????

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say. I think you are saying you would like the ticket but don't want to goandpickitupformebro. Is this correct?

?????

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say. I think you are saying you would like the ticket but don't want to goandpickitupformebro. Is this correct?
Pretty much. Definitely not for an entire allotment being that I'm going it solo, one time only, and nearly 4 hour drive each way for me.

Doesn't look like we're going to get the snow we're hoping for,

Rose is expecting about a half foot today. ****, I'm only at 4000' and I woke up to snow. Rose's summit is over 10,000'

Was gonna go skiing this morning, but figured with 20-35mph wind at the base, 30-45 at the summit, I've seen 71 & 73mph gusts this morning (weather data, not literally) . . . screw it.

I'll just go tomorrow hopefully, enjoy the powder, wind of "only" 10-15mph in the forecast, but yeah, cold. Gonna be wicked sore at the party. And for skiing again on Friday.

Gonna be wicked sore at the party. And for skiing again on Friday.
Feel free to lean on me, I'm pretty sturdy, I'll counterbalance with the growler of Oude Tart I'm bringing. Also, maybe a few tongue's will feel tickles ;);).

Do I see single digits in Truckee?? Jeebus, my entire wardrobe won't keep me warm. Might see some pukesicles on the walk back to the hotel. We're going to Squaw regardless now and try to ride Friday (FBS please heal me). If it sucks, we head west to RR. Gotta make the best of a vacation away from the families.

Latest posts

Back