Faked JCN's: How Many?

Help Support Talkbeer:

It was, what, a year and a half ago when we started hearing about faked bottles of Jean Chris Nomad. Does anybody know or have an educated guess on how many are in circulation?

I'm not sure why anyone would trade for JCN at this point. Even if you get a real one it's basically the same beer as Cantillon Classic anyway. (And since someone's bound to ask, I doubt the one I got at Moeder Lambic was faked.)

But if you really want to try it, I doubt there are many fake ones out there compared to real ones, though no one could possibly know.

I'm not sure why anyone would trade for JCN at this point. Even if you get a real one it's basically the same beer as Cantillon Classic anyway. (And since someone's bound to ask, I doubt the one I got at Moeder Lambic was faked.)

But if you really want to try it, I doubt there are many fake ones out there compared to real ones, though no one could possibly know.
FWIW I liked it considerably better than same year classic (we had them side by side, blind), much cleaner and more funky I thought.

FWIW I liked it considerably better than same year classic (we had them side by side, blind), much cleaner and more funky I thought.
When did you have it? It's possible it's changed since May 2012. (Also regular Cantillon gueuze has more than enough bottle variation to explain that result.)

Even so I still don't think it's worth trading for, especially given the chance of getting a fake. But I feel the same way about Crianza and 50N, so I might be an outlier here.

When did you have it? It's possible it's changed since May 2012. (Also regular Cantillon gueuze has more than enough bottle variation to explain that result.)

Even so I still don't think it's worth trading for, especially given the chance of getting a fake. But I feel the same way about Crianza and 50N, so I might be an outlier here.
I drink a lot. It was at claaark13's house I think maybe late 2012 or early 2013? I'm thinking it was last spring? Hopefully his drunk ass remembers.

I drink a lot. It was at claaark13's house I think maybe late 2012 or early 2013? I'm thinking it was last spring? Hopefully his drunk ass remembers.
It was May/June 2012. I've had it since then, all in 2012, and thought it was pretty good each time. I liked it enough that I'm still ISO some to age/drink.

I'm not sure why anyone would trade for JCN at this point. Even if you get a real one it's basically the same beer as Cantillon Classic anyway.
Not sure if this was a serious statement, but it's certainly a slippery slope.. i.e. why trade for Bourgogne? I think perhaps you're missing the nuance of JCN vs. classic gueuze, and that's OK. I've had several over the last couple years, but also had one at Moeder in May of 2012, and it was much different than classic gueuze (then, and every other time I've tried it).. Maybe you tasted a dud bottle?

Not sure if this was a serious statement, but it's certainly a slippery slope.. i.e. why trade for Bourgogne? I think perhaps you're missing the nuance of JCN vs. classic gueuze, and that's OK. I've had several over the last couple years, but also had one at Moeder in May of 2012, and it was much different than classic gueuze (then, and every other time I've tried it).. Maybe you tasted a dud bottle?
It was clearly different, I just didn't think it was better. It tasted like Cantillon Classic with some red wine splashed in. I don't think I really missed any nuance there, it's just that it's not my thing, admittedly to the point where I wonder about the sanity of anyone who really loves it, but that's neither here nor there.

I've never fucked anyone running. What's that like?
It was clearly different, I just didn't think it was better. It tasted like Cantillon Classic with some red wine splashed in. I don't think I really missed any nuance there, it's just that it's not my thing, admittedly to the point where I wonder about the sanity of anyone who really loves it, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't see how this relates to sex, AT ALL