Fantome new Road...

Help Support Talkbeer:

Some weekend tomes. Both BB 2018.

Very different from my first Brise-BonBons. Darker and less bitter. Maybe a little green at the moment. I have another bottle to sit on.

This, like the last few bottles I've had, was delicious. Citrus, a little menthol, lightly tart, dry finish. Outstanding.
My local podunk pizza joint had their 10yr anniversary this week and the owner opened this with me and it was the prob the best beer I've ever had.

I'm overwhelmed with jealousy.

X post from ddt

Tome-o-foam
very nice pics !!!
Hard to pin down, I think I'm getting a tart cherry cola thing.

Looking back at the pic of realized I framed up some outlet ghosts, spooky.
X post from ddt

Tome-o-foam

Hard to pin down, I think I'm getting a tart cherry cola thing.

Looking back at the pic of realized I framed up some outlet ghosts, spooky.

It varies greatly depending on the tome house brett/wild culture being present. Bottles like Sante 3, cisse leuze and even old etes are quite thinned out and dry. But something such as loch ness that has minimal "wild" character is still on the thicker body spectrum. Special Unique Noel at 23 years old was the most extreme example ive encountered, it was thicker than most barleywines/old ales of comparible age.
wow! these are very ! old bottles ! so ... how can we know the conservation was well made or not very well made ! ...

I'm really confused by this one. This is the 'fresh' batch with the green cap. Poured completely flat and tastes under attentuated with a sweetness that I cannot recall getting in the past with Fantome. I know that Noel has had various shades in the past, but I've never seen one with such a deep and opaque brown.
sorry, .. too young !!!!
Has anyone else opened one with a green cap?

Just for perspective, here's last year's batch

I have no fucking idea, the ghost works in mysterious ways

It's 'cause dontdrinkbeer shamed me into not doing it...
If there ever was a green beer that suppydo would approve of drank'n im sure it would be magic ghost, vertignasse or one of the other elusive verdi tomes

or you could make your own st paddy tomestravaganza and puree some spinach and toss it into any old tome and channel your inner popeye

Latest posts