Fantome new Road...

Help Support Talkbeer:

Has anyone recently opened a bottle of Saison from late 2015 distro to the states? I picked them up in Denver around December 2015, I think.
Sounds like the same batch that I found in PA in Feb of last year that I bought 2 cases of.

Ive been popping a bottle every 4-6 months and the evolution has been subtle. It has a greeness of yeast about it, slight phenolic spice and underlying fruitiness. A fairly middle of the road tome that is sure to please any saison fan. Infact, I just opened a different bottling last night that I believe was a recent shelf pickup by beeraroundtown and it had the white logo cap on it and tasted nearly identicial.

I think this bottle was late 2015 but I forgot to label it so am not certain. Very yeast forward, very fruity with just a touch of tartness and a good deal of funk to round it out. This one tastes just a bit boozier than most batches, but not at all off putting. I actually enjoy this one a great deal. I will say this could rest for another few years without detriment to the liquid gold inside. Another successful cellaring of fantome, albeit one I probably opened a little too soon!

I decided to follow up the 2015 with a BB 2013 Sur lie. Despite the appearance this has prickly, almost gueuze like carbonation. Not the strawberry bomb that 2015, or other batches from 2009/2010 were. More granny smith apples, lemon and really funky. This is a fun afterwork drink on easter Sunday!

I decided to follow up the 2015 with a BB 2013 Sur lie. Despite the appearance this has prickly, almost gueuze like carbonation. Not the strawberry bomb that 2015, or other batches from 2009/2010 were. More granny smith apples, lemon and really funky. This is a fun afterwork drink on easter Sunday!
Go for the trifecta! Have the 2014 Belgian bottling that was the big tropical fruit heavy batch? That was one of my all time favorites.

Go for the trifecta! Have the 2014 Belgian bottling that was the big tropical fruit heavy batch? That was one of my all time favorites.
Followed it w firstone bravo. I miss sucaba, but sometimes you cant share a 13% beer and a 12 oz format is a little more forgiving format.

Last edited:
B2 has really been hitting its stride recently. Just beware of possible gushers!

To this day, I still think B1 is my personal favorite Tome.
The one I opened exploded. I lost half the bottle. Still tasty tho
B2 bottle last night geysered on me. Uncorked it straight out of the fridge, didn't even let it come to temp because of warnings above. Still...fucking...exploded...everywhere.

Latest posts