Fantome new Road...

Help Support Talkbeer:

and yet I routinely talk to Distributors who when they ask Shelton about Fantome availability they are constantly told there is none, or get no response at all. Virginia hasn't seen any Fantome in a couple years and even then it was only the super sporadic Noel and Hiver. I wish we got classic Saison....
I'm sure it won't happen but I'd love to see him dump Shelton. The Masonry (beer bar) is the only place that ever seems to get Fantome in Seattle and it's only for inflated on-site pricing. I have heard that people who run breweries distributed by Shelton can't even get Fantome when they ask for it.

Also, I bought a bottle of Magic Ghost in Brussels a few years ago and found it interesting that it had an English language Shelton brothers label on the back.

I'm sure it won't happen but I'd love to see him dump Shelton. The Masonry (beer bar) is the only place that ever seems to get Fantome in Seattle and it's only for inflated on-site pricing. I have heard that people who run breweries distributed by Shelton can't even get Fantome when they ask for it.

Also, I bought a bottle of Magic Ghost in Brussels a few years ago and found it interesting that it had an English language Shelton brothers label on the back.
I can't help but wonder then, where does it all go? As I mentioned earlier, we get a variety in Nebraska but maybe a case or two when something new comes out. I have a few spots in KC I have for tomes, but for almost a year now it's been the same stuff on the shelf.

We’ve gotten some fun Fantome drops in Nebraska recently. The usual suspects and some others. I kept bugging the Shelton Bros guy and he listened and ordered more. The bottles are pricey but I think they sell ok, and there’s even a little interest from other people.
I am always insanely jealous at the 3F and Fantome that Beertopia gets on IG and whenever I visit my in-laws in Omaha. All those cases of $12 HF Farmers Wave bottles, too (but that's a Good Life Provisions thing so I can't complain there).

I can't help but wonder then, where does it all go?
Because this is more fun than other more important things I could be doing, I did a little search for Fantome on Total Wine's website.

Nothing available locally. Shocking.

But!!

Fantome Pissenlit - Chesterfield, MO
Fantome Chocolat - Jacksonville, FL
Fantôme Printemps - Clearwater, FL
Fantôme Hiver - Spokane, WA (WOW, someting in the state and the only Fantome I've ever seen at Bottleworks)
Fantome Forest Ghost - Huntersville, NC
Fantome Artist No 2. - Charlotte (Myers Park), NC
Fantome Dark White - Charlotte (Myers Park), NC
Fantome De Noel - Roseville, CA

One of my best friends is going to be in France for three weeks and was hoping to take a day trip to Belgium and visit the brewery in Soy (he's staying two hours south in Reims), but he'd be there on a Sunday which doesn't work. Any good options where he can find some bottles in either Reims, or near the brewery or the Orval area?

Finally got all 3 batches of Tous les D'iape in the fridge. Strange how I had zero issue locating my bottles of b1 but b2 was hiding pretty good.

Anyhoo... color me surprised that all 3 have unique labels. Upper left hand corner has a small icon I assume to be the opponent’s flag for each year and corresponding best before end of 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Drank these (or at least tried to) on Saturday.
Batch 1 is still king of limeaide gloriousness.
Batch 2 exploded upon opening. There might have been 5oz left in the bottle after the foam died down.
Batch 3 tastes like most of the fresh tome offerings ive had in like the past year. Very distinct clean yeast profile and excessively bitter. Not a fan.

A few months ago I did an Etre order for all of the Tomes available that I hadn't had before (excluding some of the expensive Santes). To this point, Ton Ton has been my absolute favorite (and a top Tome overall).
That's probably partially because it's the oldest release on there (outside of the old Santes). So it's had time to dry out and develop some Tome funk in the bottle. Ton Ton at first was really peppery and bitter, but after the last bottle I had a month or two ago, I definitely wish I had more!

I'm hesitant to open any Tome anymore unless I know it's at least 6 months old. The Reverse Haze Boi, if you will.

Latest posts