Fantome new Road...

Help Support Talkbeer:

How to properly open and fully consume a Dark Forest Ghost without having to harness your inner Jenna Jamison.

Step #1

Place tome in freezer until thin layer of ice just starts to form on top.

Step #2

Find your safe zone, don’t want to miscalculate and spray all the good linens.

Step #3

Have a liter TB Stein and extra large decanting vessel.

Step #4

Wait for head to recede, combine into TB Stein and enjoy with your roommates!
What do you think of that Turkey Hill? I’ve started seeing it at the Kroger’s near me that I hardly ever shop at and thought about grabbing some. I recently made the switch to Tillamook and I’m so far very pleased.
#talkicecream

What do you think of that Turkey Hill? I’ve started seeing it at the Kroger’s near me that I hardly ever shop at and thought about grabbing some. I recently made the switch to Tillamook and I’m so far very pleased.
#talkicecream
Those turkey hills are always on sale for 2/$5. I got 2 kids so it’s perfect for when I take them grocery shopping. That one there is orange creamsicle and it’s fantastic! Gonna crush it now, thanks for pointing that one out.

How to properly open and fully consume a Dark Forest Ghost without having to harness your inner Jenna Jamison.

Step #1

Step #2

Step #3

Step #4

Working through these guys today. B1 was still stellar. Funky lime juice.

The strawberry from B2 has faded, but it’s really good in its own right. I get some overripe mango and berry from it.

I opened it in the shower like Pneill316 demonstrated, and it ended up having normal carbonation.

The Ghost always surprises I guess.

Edit: Vacation rental glassware and an imgur autocorrect...

(Link to media)

Working through these guys today. B1 was still stellar. Funky lime juice.

The strawberry from B2 has faded, but it’s really good in its own right. I get some overripe mango and berry from it.

I opened it in the shower like Pneill316 demonstrated, and it ended up having normal carbonation.

The Ghost always surprises I guess.

Edit: Vacation rental glassware and an imgur autocorrect...

(Link to media)
B2 is similar to a 3rd grade science experiment in how it explodes. Like dropping an altoid in a bottle of coke.

#talkicecream
Having just found tillamook on my last vacation, stick with tillamook. If it wasn’t for graham slam (Phillies flavor) id never eat turkey hill.

Thought I'd enjoy an afternoon Tome, but alas it had other intentions. I just picked this one up off Etre as I've yet to have a Boo.

Worst gusher I've ever had, when the cork was almost out, the bottle exploded coating the ceiling and most of the kitchen. I'm soaked. Just complete insanity. I was able to save a couple of ounces from the foam that remained in the bottle and to be honest, I'm not really digging it.

I need to go take a shower now and put on fresh clothes.

We had the biggest gusher ever of a ~5-6 year old Saison bottle last Sunday at a bottle share.

It sent the beer a good 5 feet into the air and soaked the person opening it head to toe. Maybe 2oz left in the bottle. Guy went home covered in ghost juice.

We laughed for about 10 minutes straight.
So does the freezing the neck part really work? As much I enjoy the fun, I'd really like to drink the whole bottle.

So does the freezing the neck part really work? As much I enjoy the fun, I'd really like to drink the whole bottle.
If we know a bottle is gonna blow (and I told them an older Fantome prolly would, but no one listened #newmoney) You can open into a gallon sized resealable bag then pour from there. It’ll catch all the beer and foam pretty adequately.

Step #1

Step #2

Step #3

Step #4

Just change dark forest ghost with questionably carbonated ghost in my above post for best results.

Latest posts