FedEx Hammer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrymel1

Reaction score
I recently tried to send some beer, and had the worst week ever.

2 broken bottles in separate packages. Ever since my lurchingbeast LeBleu trade, I've not had a break until now.

Here's the issue:

One of the boxes was returned with the damaged and noted as sending alcohol out of policy. Then I received a letter from some paralegal indicating that I had broken their policy and potentially, the law.

Well, has anybody else experienced this, and what did you do? I am wondering what will happen to my FedEx account - should I be leery of all potential shipments in the future?

Should I use an alternative method from my account?

Any experience/advice would be greatly appreciated. I gotsta get beer to MarkIntihar and Yamar68 safely.

cheers
harry

I've received the same piece of paper from FedEx. Have never had an issue with my account.

I remember a post about this on BA. Most people responded that it is nothing to worry about, and to just ignore it. I think a few people switched to UPS for a short period afterwards, but went back to FedEx with no issues.

Maybe you can just send some "legal" things in your next shipment or 2? If they open your box and see that you are shipping normal things, they will disregard. Or, maybe I'm over thinking it and they really don't have the time to even care.

I remember a post about this on BA. Most people responded that it is nothing to worry about, and to just ignore it. I think a few people switched to UPS for a short period afterwards, but went back to FedEx with no issues.

Maybe you can just send some "legal" things in your next shipment or 2? If they open your box and see that you are shipping normal things, they will disregard. Or, maybe I'm over thinking it and they really don't have the time to even care.
I considered doing a "test box" with some cheap ****. I got lucky in that they didn't open all my bottles this time and dump them, but don't want to overstep my luck. Thanks for the feedback.

I've received the same piece of paper from FedEx. Have never had an issue with my account.
images

Back