Quantcast

US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

You can also drive like 30-40 more minutes and get some of that St Louis shitlord in too.

You from the Champaign area originally? That's where I got my craft beer legs, after a very extended undergrad stay.

You can also drive like 30-40 more minutes and get some of that St Louis shitlord in too.

You from the Champaign area originally? That's where I got my craft beer legs, after a very extended undergrad stay.
Nope, lived entire life in San Diego. Got a job at a very cool game dev studio in Champaign, so I'm taking a chance and doing something different. I had offers in LA and SF and really didn't want to live there at all.

Nope, lived entire life in San Diego. Got a job at a very cool game dev studio in Champaign, so I'm taking a chance and doing something different. I had offers in LA and SF and really didn't want to live there at all.
Nice! I'll be down there the last weekend of February for some bachelor party shenanigans, but I always enjoyed Crane Alley for their very random nice beer selection (a couple years ago Tilquin was on draft). Triptych is a brewery that is brewing beer down there. There is a Binnys if you want the real Chicago experience, otherwise I did all my shelfie buying at Friar Tucks or Sun Singer (both had Fantome before I was a knower). Downtown Champaign has changed a lot since I graduated, but there are a ton of beer bars for grad students and professors (too expensive/far for undergrads). Black Dog is good barbeque, Maize is probably the best Mexican food in the area.

Ah, I see I forgot the most important information: there is an Amtrak that runs from Champaign to Chicago, and it's like $28-40 round trip. Adds like a half hour to the trip time, but you can work remotely drink.

Busting balls, didn't mean to make light of a bad situation. Welcome to Illinois (and happy holidays)! Champaign tends to be a pretty boring town, but you're in a good jump off spot to Chicago, St. Louis, and Carbondale, which are the three main beer spots near you. Come up to Chicago and rage.
Nah it's fine, I was looking for a change anyway. Very hard to save any sort of wealth in CA, so I was looking to move anyway. Was trying to move to Austin since that's a hotbed for my industry, and the prices haven't gone completely insane yet. We're taking the approach of "well if we hate it, we'll just move." Not a big deal, and a fun new experience.

Ah, I see I forgot the most important information: there is an Amtrak that runs from Champaign to Chicago, and it's like $28-40 round trip. Adds like a half hour to the trip time, but you can work remotely drink.
This just made my planned Chicago trips even better. Fuck yeah.

Did a beer trade today and agreed to meet at More brewing as they were having a release and it was a good half-way point. First thing I see as I pull up was a guy getting his 3ish year old kid out of the car and running towards the line while carrying his kid. He didn't have time to put the kid's coat and hat on until he made it to the line, wouldn't want to lose a valuable spot now.

Also saw at least two grandmules and some dudes pounding Hop Butcher cans at 10am. Did not wait in line myself and went home.

Never change Chicago beer scene.

MSV must have sent some old Shelton stock to More Brewing. Who wants to join me in housing $25 bottles of 2013 Classic on Thursday?

the comments said:
3 FONTEINEN INTENSE RED OUDE KRIEK 2014 - 5% ABV ($35 per 375mL)
3 FONTEINEN OUDE GEUZE 2018 - 7.4% ABV ($30 per 750mL)
3 FONTEINEN OUDE GEUZE CUVEE ARMAND & GASTON 2018 - 6.5% ABV ($40 per 750mL)
CANTILLON CLASSIC GUEUZE 2013 - 5% ABV ($25 per 375mL bottle)

#TalkRev

Question about the Rev Rewards account: the site seems new since I was last there (maybe?) so I'm not sure if I have a web profile or not? It doesn't like the number on the back of my card.

Is there some poor soul at Rev who is in charge of helping people like me get their balls out of their own zipper?

Failing that, if anyone here knows what my username is if it's not the card number with spaces or without spaces, that'd probably get me there.

Last edited:

dan

#TalkRev

Question about the Rev Rewards account: the site seems new since I was last there (maybe?) so I'm not sure if I have a web profile or not? It doesn't like the number on the back of my card.

Is there some poor soul at Rev who is in charge of helping people like me get their balls out of their own zipper?

Failing that, if anyone here knows what my username is if it's not the card number with spaces or without spaces, that'd probably get me there.
I used the online form to credit points to my account and the submission just went to
info@revbrew.com.
Rob emailed me back promptly and was very helpful. I assume this address goes to a person, too: revrewards@revbrew.com.

Speaking of the portal, though, I don’t think there’s a way to show overall point accumulations. Or if there is, I haven’t found it. All it does is show me progress towards my next redemption. Someone at the taproom or brewpub can manually look your account up and give you lifetime points that way but it would nice helpful if the portal could, too.