US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

Really enjoying the BA Revolution selection down here at Binny's and other rando spots in Champaign. However, I don't know fuck-all about the good IPA's to buy over here. What am I looking for? My local spots were just okay (Triptych, etc)

Reactions: dan
You get Maplewood down there? That’s good stuff. I like the Juice Pants and Son of Juice - hazy but with actual flavor.
This dive bar down the street from me with free darts has Son of Juice and Lagunitas IPA as their 'craft' options. I pick Son of Juice every time these days. No chalky texture or hop burn like other haze shit. Solid beer.

You get Maplewood down there? That’s good stuff. I like the Juice Pants and Son of Juice - hazy but with actual flavor.
Yeah I'll probably work my way through all of them. This was just at a Harvest Market, they had 3 different Maplewood beers. I'll hit up the Binny's and take a look

Reactions: dan

dan

Yeah I'll probably work my way through all of them. This was just at a Harvest Market, they had 3 different Maplewood beers. I'll hit up the Binny's and take a look
Oh, I’d look for Hop Butcher, too. A lot of hazy IPA’s but as with Maplewood, I think they do a good job with flavor rather than just making it hazy for the sake of being hazy.

Oh, I’d look for Hop Butcher, too. A lot of hazy IPA’s but as with Maplewood, I think they do a good job with flavor rather than just making it hazy for the sake of being hazy.
Yeah I've been told about them. Friend of mine sent me that orange vanilla milkshake bullshit. Yuck. I'll try some others though.

Got to check our More Brewing last week. Food there was good (dat burger tho), but the beer selection was super lacking. 8 beers on, 4 were IPA's? Also, $7 for 10oz of a hazy. Jesus.

Service was awful as well. Like four waiters standing in the brew area shooting the shit.

Group Builder