US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

dan

middlebrow , you guys do flights of tinned fish? Might get some real aficionados.

I went into the off season saying that if they didn't get someone to compete with Mitch for the starting job, I wouldn't watch. At least now I should be able to get a game or two in before Foles gets hurt and I tune out.

middlebrow

yr mouth is 4 eating tinfish & not talking IPA's
Contributor
Curious from industry folks here (middlebrow , beeraficionado etc) - if I'm going to use a delivery app, is one more favorable to the restaurant than another?
they all sorta suck and run the same percentage by the end...this one has this added fee or percentage, etc etc etc.

Reactions: dan

middlebrow

yr mouth is 4 eating tinfish & not talking IPA's
Contributor
Fair enough! I know ordering direct is best - but it’s not like most restaurants have that kind of infrastructure.
Grubhub / Uber fees and employee pay seemed to be the shittiest, Caviar slightly better. As with most things in life...larger the corporation, larger the executive/management employee pool to pay while the gig workers get screwed. Grubhub just ran a feel good commercial in light of this, imagine if instead they paid all their employees one more dollar an hour and didn’t run an add during a Fargo rerun on Hulu.

Kinslahger did a local delivery that wasn't perfectly planned but I got my order this afternoon. Included in it was a crowler of Ein Beer #5, their fifth anniversary beer. Apparently it is a blend of their doppelbock aged in rye barrels from Quincy Street and their Marzen. 8% and has the mouthfeel of a 13% BA barleywine. And that's the closest style I'd compare it to: all brown sugar and malt sweetness. This would get every BiL dick hard if you gave it to them. Top tier shit.

I'm biased and don't drink as much as I used to but every year these guys put out one of my favorite beers.

I’m really digging the Piglette Grisette from
Brewery Bhavana that I picked up at Beer Temple a few weeks ago. A banger like this in 4 pack cans is hard to find. Wish I’d grabbed more.