US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

Blackberry Fox in the Woods maybe isn't as good as that last batch of Fox but it's drinkable as fuck for an 8% foedre beer.

Oh and Coffee Dinosmores... Fuck.

Reactions: CSO
Anyone try Alphabetical by Hopewell/Hop Butcher? I think it's my favorite local beer of quarantine so far. A hoppy lager that is good but composed. That's a good trick these days as balance is something no one cares about anymore.
yeah it’s fucking awesome. Hoppy, fruity, but crisp. I love IPL’s.

Anyone try Alphabetical by Hopewell/Hop Butcher? I think it's my favorite local beer of quarantine so far. A hoppy lager that is good but composed. That's a good trick these days as balance is something no one cares about anymore.
Had been wanting to try it, but didn't see it on Beer Cellar's site today. However, I did spend like $200 on Afterthought and Fader Pils.

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor
I really dug this beer, as well as their Zwickel and Off Black. It was unusual to have that grungy hop flavor so pronounced in a lager, but it worked. They're doing a really nice job, along with a handful of others, of pushing lager interest in Chicago by keeping it new and different. That's what it will take to bridge the gap over to new fans but I'm all for it.

middlebrow

yr mouth is 4 eating tinfish & not talking IPA's
Contributor
Just want to point out how cruel it is to publish a best restaurant list right now.
well we aint alinea but we do have take out pizza kits and other random weird hippy shit available (purple asparagus, organic compost and a vinyl copy of the new vv lightbody record).

is modern times on binnys instacart yet? otherwise im just gettin another curbside case at Rev. lookin forward to my 3'rd year beer ill be enjoying friday night

I saw that Modern Times is doing a splash distribution here which I think is a first if you don't count the Indiana stuff they did around Dark Lord Day last year.
What's the ETA on Rev's splash distribution to Kansas City?

And by splash I mean permanent.

And by distribution I mean to-my-new-place shipping.

~~~~

With the clock running down, it's hitting me that I'm about to be very very far from the best beer city in the USA.

And by splash I mean permanent.

And by distribution I mean to-my-new-place shipping.

~~~~

With the clock running down, it's hitting me that I'm about to be very very far from the best beer city in the USA.
Moving to Michigan was a shock. We do get Rev now though. I miss Half Acre, Off Color, and Dovetail dearly. And New Glarus access just an hour away.

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor
otherwise im just gettin another curbside case at Rev.
We do get Rev now though.
I'm trying to follow the vav rules and not plug my own self interests but you all are making this difficult.

If I can get a reprieve while sheltering in place since this message board is dead, I did do a deep dive with Mike Schallau on saisons that I think this particular crew might enjoy if ur bored. It's really long, but I've been told entertaining with a lot of good info (from him).

(Link to media)

dan

I'm trying to follow the vav rules and not plug my own self interests but you all are making this difficult.

If I can get a reprieve while sheltering in place since this message board is dead, I did do a deep dive with Mike Schallau on saisons that I think this particular crew might enjoy if ur bored. It's really long, but I've been told entertaining with a lot of good info (from him).

(Link to media)
vav rules are suspended! Chaos reigns now.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor

(Link to media)
vav rules are suspended! Chaos reigns now.
This is correct, much like the GhostOfGaspar rules, all vav rules are suspended due to pandemic. And based on how much I hate this joke, the vav FIB room “rule” for using TB to promote your own interests is officially repealed. So mote it be and hail Satan.

On a related note, I’ll be bringing in Garden Path this month so keep an eye out and then buy it, and a big load of Afterthought just hit the market as well.

Latest posts