US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

On a related note, I’ll be bringing in Garden Path this month so keep an eye out and then buy it, and a big load of Afterthought just hit the market as well.
I will officially endorse this plug. I also approve of Doug keeping us informed of all things Rev, including hopefully eventually telling me that I can get Ghost Ride cases year round 😁

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor
I will officially endorse this plug. I also approve of Doug keeping us informed of all things Rev, including hopefully eventually telling me that I can get Ghost Ride cases year round 😁
What's the most can't miss bottle of the ones that just dropped? I'll pick one up tomorrow.
In that "Time Crunch" video, I asked Schallau for his favorite Chicago-made saison ever and I finished his sentence choosing your Key Lime and Yuzu one.

As far as Rev, tons of cool stuff coming but unfortunately Ghost Ride isn't likely to go year-round anytime soon. We announced two Summer Deep Wood beers coming in June and July respectively on our zoom tasting last Friday that i'm pretty jazzed about.

What's the most can't miss bottle of the ones that just dropped? I'll pick one up tomorrow.
In that "Time Crunch" video, I asked Schallau for his favorite Chicago-made saison ever and I finished his sentence choosing your Key Lime and Yuzu one.
Biere de Pieces #23 is the correct answer.

Rafters: Black Raspberry if you really like fruit more than the blends.

As far as Rev, tons of cool stuff coming but unfortunately Ghost Ride isn't likely to go year-round anytime soon. We announced two Summer Deep Wood beers coming in June and July respectively on our zoom tasting last Friday that i'm pretty jazzed about.
Thank you, sir! I’m not sure which stores ordered it, but Biere de Pieces #23 is a new favorite of mine. It’s a blend of Saison Meer: Buckwheat and Rafters, the latter of which is an oak-fermented saison brewed with ages hops. For those who like mead, Secondary Extraction is the second beer we aged in a Pips raspberry mead barrel.

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Thank you, sir! I’m not sure which stores ordered it, but Biere de Pieces #23 is a new favorite of mine. It’s a blend of Saison Meer: Buckwheat and Rafters, the latter of which is an oak-fermented saison brewed with ages hops. For those who like mead, Secondary Extraction is the second beer we aged in a Pips raspberry mead barrel.
Capone's inexplicably still had the Key Lime Yuzu Wine Barrel fobab winner on the shelf, so I grabbed that and the cherry Rafters before seeing your recommendations. Looks like I have some more shopping left to do.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
This is true. But this is crazy. I'm just mostly curious if this is a bad sign for a damn good bar. $10 Eclipse bottles...
I sure hope not. Local Option was the bar that got me into beer about 10 years ago...still try to visit 1-2x’s a year. Their creole wings are so damn good.

dan

Can anyone tell me my a can of beer feels normal at room temperature but then gets squishy when it’s cold? Is it safe to drink?

Edit - it’s a can of NvU, so I posted here.

Thoughts or rumors on the demise of 3 Floyds brewpub? Didn't even burn down. SMDH.
Saw they let a bunch of brewpub and distillery employees go and they announced I large sale of vintage and barrel aged Dark Lord's. Are the Floyd's finally selling? Are these the end times?

Saw they let a bunch of brewpub and distillery employees go and they announced I large sale of vintage and barrel aged Dark Lord's. Are the Floyd's finally selling? Are these the end times?
My favorite part of 3 Floyds was always the brewpub. Honestly a true destination experience. Hopefully this is not permanent. I am not worried about the future of the brewery in general.

Latest posts