US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

sorta depressing to see some former good Chicago beer folks turn into red pilled dipshits
You could apply that same statement (to the same group or other side of the aisle) if they threw caution to the wind and had 10,000 people congregate in the very near future and questionably abide by the minimum state safety guidelines in the brewpub. People suck.

Reactions: vav

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
You could apply that same statement (to the same group or other side of the aisle) if they threw caution to the wind and had 10,000 people congregate in the very near future and questionably abide by the minimum state safety guidelines in the brewpub. People suck.
Yah and just to be clear, i was referring to the comments, not FFF

Looking for recommendations on local IPAs / IIPAs if any new ones worth trying. Always ISO something along lines of early Todd the Axe Man when it was killer, or Hubbards Cave series of a few years ago, etc. Thanks.

Looking for recommendations on local IPAs / IIPAs if any new ones worth trying. Always ISO something along lines of early Todd the Axe Man when it was killer, or Hubbards Cave series of a few years ago, etc. Thanks.
The new DDH Tropic Hero from Rev is nice. Smoking Gull and Goneaway just came out again.

I'm trying to follow the vav rules and not plug my own self interests but you all are making this difficult.

If I can get a reprieve while sheltering in place since this message board is dead, I did do a deep dive with Mike Schallau on saisons that I think this particular crew might enjoy if ur bored. It's really long, but I've been told entertaining with a lot of good info (from him).

(Link to media)
Entertaining & informative episode.

I enjoy your content, but any plans on putting this out in a podcast form available for download & listen at later times? I prefer audio that I can listen to as I'm doing work, driving, etc. I do that now with your current format by playing on IG or Youtube in the background.
Not saying ditch the video format, but have you given any thought if later, after you post the video content you retroactively post audio content too?

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Entertaining & informative episode.

I enjoy your content, but any plans on putting this out in a podcast form available for download & listen at later times? I prefer audio that I can listen to as I'm doing work, driving, etc. I do that now with your current format by playing on IG or Youtube in the background.
Not saying ditch the video format, but have you given any thought if later, after you post the video content you retroactively post audio content too?
First off, thanks so much for watching/listening. I went with video since Instagram is where I have an audience to share it with and youtube so that i could embed onto my blog, but I totally agree that a podcast version is badly needed. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I feel like I should have a little music lead-in, and maybe a brief intro recorded that either sets up the specific episode, or just states the purpose of the show. Haven't made the time to figure that out yet, but I will soon. Feedback welcome.

First off, thanks so much for watching/listening. I went with video since Instagram is where I have an audience to share it with and youtube so that i could embed onto my blog, but I totally agree that a podcast version is badly needed. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I feel like I should have a little music lead-in, and maybe a brief intro recorded that either sets up the specific episode, or just states the purpose of the show. Haven't made the time to figure that out yet, but I will soon. Feedback welcome.
Ask vav to create some intro sounds with a MOOG synth?
Ask dontdrinkbeer to write you an original ska song?

My $0.02 is something short and sweet. Something like The Insiders Roundtable is too long. Their original format is a radio show so I know there's a need for station id, disclaimers, etc. But by the time Quinn gets through all that we're 5 minutes into the episode.
I'd make an intro like 15-20 seconds and move on.
Look at This American Life, they don't even have an intro (besides ads) they just dive right it.

Last edited:

vav

Contributor
Ask vav to create some intro sounds with a MOOG synth?
Ask dontdrinkbeer to write you an original ska song?

My $0.02 is something short and sweet. Something like The Insiders Roundtable is too long. Their original format is a radio show so I know there's a need for station id, disclaimers, etc. But by the time Quinn gets through all the we're 5 minutes into the episode.
Look at This American Life, they don't even have an intro (besides ads) they just dive right it.
i would totally write you a theme song, tell me thematically what you want

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Totally agree on short intros. No one's podcast is really that important so stop wasting our time and get to it already. Quinn is a prime example of this.
Totally, agree on being VERY brief on anything routine. I like how Brewbound does a unique intro to set up each conversation, but I probably don't need that and can stick to the "Time Crunch" theme of cutting right to the chase. Maybe just a vav designed lead-in cutting right into the conversation, then a similar fade out for the end?

vav

Contributor
Totally, agree on being VERY brief on anything routine. I like how Brewbound does a unique intro to set up each conversation, but I probably don't need that and can stick to the "Time Crunch" theme of cutting right to the chase. Maybe just a vav designed lead-in cutting right into the conversation, then a similar fade out for the end?
Gimme a theme/genre/style. Last jingle I wrote for example was for a TST.TV show in the style of “90s pop-punk alternative”

Actually fuck it, here: (Link to media)

Last edited:

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Gimme a theme/genre/style. Last jingle I wrote for example was for a TST.TV show in the style of “90s pop-punk alternative”

Actually fuck it, here: (Link to media)
The theme is (or is supposed to be) a race against the clock. So many beer podcasts cover the interviewee's background and broader range of topics. Time Crunch is meant to just hit on 1 topic, with someone who is knee deep in it. I tend to pick things that I know at least something about, so that I can hold a conversation. For example, I know nothing about yeast, so you're unlikely to see an episode on that because I like it to be more conversational.

So I'm thinking like the beginning of the show 60 Minutes or "24" with a few ticks of the clock or timer, blending into a fairly high speed tune that can blend into me say "Hey Everyone, welcome to Time Crunch, today I'm joined by...". I'm open to different styles, but how about techno 👀 ?

vav

Contributor
The theme is (or is supposed to be) a race against the clock. So many beer podcasts cover the interviewee's background and broader range of topics. Time Crunch is meant to just hit on 1 topic, with someone who is knee deep in it. I tend to pick things that I know at least something about, so that I can hold a conversation. For example, I know nothing about yeast, so you're unlikely to see an episode on that because I like it to be more conversational.

So I'm thinking like the beginning of the show 60 Minutes or "24" with a few ticks of the clock or timer, blending into a fairly high speed tune that can blend into me say "Hey Everyone, welcome to Time Crunch, today I'm joined by...". I'm open to different styles, but how about techno 👀 ?
lemme see what I can do

Latest posts