Help Support Talkbeer:

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor

beeraficionado

Premium Supporter
Contributor

dan

Damn. Fountainhead closing permanently as of November 14th unless something miraculously changes. Tough to hear.
This fall and winter are going to be crushing for so many bars and restaurants. There’s a straightforward fix, too, if only a certain someone would turn on the money printers and then go brrrrrrrrr…

Not that I'm saying anything groundbreaking here but that price is way over what I'd pay.

Even if you generously call the value of each regular Dark Lord $25 (which is way too much given how played out it is and how hard it is to finish a bottle without a crowd) that's a $70 variant. GTFO of here with that.

Not that I'm saying anything groundbreaking here but that price is way over what I'd pay.

Even if you generously call the value of each regular Dark Lord $25 (which is way too much given how played out it is and how hard it is to finish a bottle without a crowd) that's a $70 variant. GTFO of here with that.
But you get a tote bag.

dan

Your time has come
65580E89-EF36-48FB-926F-FF6F3728219C_1_201_a.jpeg
Few beers remain as lodged in my brain as Goose Island's Debbie's Little Helper. I was excited when it showed up again at Revolution years later, albeit under a different name. Either Johnny was humoring me or he was legitimately surprised when I asked if Red Skull was the same beer as the one Wil made years prior at Goose. I was sad to see Red Skull fall out of rotation and getting a 4-pack today has, surprisingly, brought back all sorts of feels. I can't tell you if it tastes exactly the same as what I had at Goose way back when but it's plenty delicious regardless.

vav

Contributor
View attachment 10040
Few beers remain as lodged in my brain as Goose Island's Debbie's Little Helper. I was excited when it showed up again at Revolution years later, albeit under a different name. Either Johnny was humoring me or he was legitimately surprised when I asked if Red Skull was the same beer as the one Wil made years prior at Goose. I was sad to see Red Skull fall out of rotation and getting a 4-pack today has, surprisingly, brought back all sorts of feels. I can't tell you if it tastes exactly the same as what I had at Goose way back when but it's plenty delicious regardless.
I want to go to there.

Reactions: dan

vav

Contributor
I wonder if it’s also nostalgia for a time when the appearance of this one beer was Something That Mattered - whereas now, the world is on fire, and the big picture/macro concerns completely overwhelm anything so mundane, comparatively speaking.
We're getting old, so we're reaching that point where most of the things we like are nostalgic.

Latest posts