US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

middlebrow

yr mouth is 4 eating tinfish & not talking IPA's
Contributor
This is the beer that made me love barleywine.

Also, I saw JEG parking or trading or maybe he lives around my work and now I'm scared I said his name 3 times.
I got a hifi into lost weekend vertical I’ve been saving for something that’ll probably never come while it’s past it’s prime.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
JEG being JEG and the quote is a lie. Basically last year he tried double dipping a More release. Got caught because rules said 1/household. So they denied his wife(who doesn't even drink beer) bottle when he tried proxying. He flipped out.
Then went on to harass them like the above post for past year. And what's even crazier is that apparently he's friends with the Foreign Exchange owners who are friends with More owners. So last week he has FExchange owners go over with him to More so he can apologize in person. JEG needs the More bottles for his mule groups and can't afford the blacklist.
this is literally what happened during a release i did a million years ago, i think it was CBS? idk, anyway i did one a one per household limit and a couple walked up and i gave them one bottle, they called me sexist and filed a complaint with Binny's and everything. Eventually ran into the guy at...i think whiskey fest?...years later and we shook hands and water under the bridge

this is literally what happened during a release i did a million years ago, i think it was CBS? idk, anyway i did one a one per household limit and a couple walked up and i gave them one bottle, they called me sexist and filed a complaint with Binny's and everything. Eventually ran into the guy at...i think whiskey fest?...years later and we shook hands and water under the bridge
That guy, ugh.

He was reported on the Beer Advocate bad trader list and then created his new account under Anonymous or something. Not JEG level, but definitely participated in some shitlordery.

vav

Contributor
That guy, ugh.

He was reported on the Beer Advocate bad trader list and then created his new account under Anonymous or something. Not JEG level, but definitely participated in some shitlordery.
Oh don’t get me wrong: I didn’t say I was wrong to deny him the bottle. Just that it was a bad policy as the reasoning that time.

I picked up a bunch of middlebrow this past weekend. I've only had a couple so far. Layered Crush was really nice, and the By Day (2% abv English Mild?) was also good. Most everything else I got was in the wild/saison categories, looking forward to getting into them soon.

Country Sourdough loaf was amazing per usual. The lacto-fermented chile cheese spread was a great topper.

vav

Contributor
Sad to hear about Barnaby. Certainly didn’t know him as well as others but knew he was a good dude who will be missed.
he was the first FFF person I met at Sam’s and can still distinctly remember that first interaction. He invited me down to the brewery and that visit ended up becoming immensely important to my professional relationships as well as personal ones.

Latest posts