US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

Last I heard was that it was going to be switched through a couple places like Beer Temple each year, but that was back before a pandemic and Shelton Brothers being liquidated, soooo.

middlebrow

yr mouth is 4 eating tinfish & not talking IPA's
Contributor
Someone on the ‘ole CBS listserv is absolutely IRATE that an upcoming local beer fest will require proof of vaccination to enter. His freedoms are being trampled!

Just wait until they exercise their freedom to boot him from the mailing list.
when i saw the simple heads up, i knew some old salty dog would respond. And including HIPAA in his response made my day.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were asked and turned it down because of the safety precautions they were taking and uncertainty.
I saw Michael Roper posted on a Facebook group that they did indeed make an effort to host Zwanze again this year but were not given the chance. Someone else said there is no current Cantillon distributor in Chicago and that is why. But I'm not sure if that is the case. I know DoRight was the most recent distributor when Shelton was still around but I'm guessing they haven't been able to get an agreement with the new importer(s) (whoever that is).

So Half Acre is dropping out of the wild program game for the foreseeable future. I think they were rather underrated on that area and will miss them. Anyone think this is a sign of a larger market trend or is it just a result Half Acre's current real estate situation? I am wondering if breweries that don't make mixed culture their primary focus can keep making them as what I would call a side project in this more crowded market.

I am wondering if breweries that don't make mixed culture their primary focus can keep making them as what I would call a side project in this more crowded market.
I hope this is the case. I enjoyed the Half Acre wild program, but at the same time, there are many of their beers just rotting on shelves so I can't say I'm shocked at this news. I hope they (and other breweries in similar situations) are able to find a way to produce a few interesting wild releases each year, but it just might not be feasible given the infection risk to their staples.

dan

So I don’t know about this Weller VSOD from Rev. It’s very good but hell if I can tell it’s a Weller barrel. Which does make some sense since Weller isn’t exactly about huge flavor.

I’m also not loving this primal coconut. The coconut flavor is basically like coconut flakes. I can almost feel little bits getting stuck in my teeth. I don’t think the flavors came together all that well.

I still need to work through the raspberries with coffee variant. 🤞

Latest posts