US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

dan

So I don’t know about this Weller VSOD from Rev. It’s very good but hell if I can tell it’s a Weller barrel. Which does make some sense since Weller isn’t exactly about huge flavor.

I’m also not loving this primal coconut. The coconut flavor is basically like coconut flakes. I can almost feel little bits getting stuck in my teeth. I don’t think the flavors came together all that well.

I still need to work through the raspberries with coffee variant. 🤞
The Razzle from LA Guns isn’t a home run for me, either. I find the raspberry flavor to be almost sickly sweet. There’s not enough bitterness from the coffee to balance it out. I also don’t get much barrel flavor - the whole thing is a little thin, overall. Ah well, nevertheless.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
Vav we are talking aged stuff here. Do you know how good that must taste?
yeah cuz I crack stuff open every once in a blue moon. But some of that stuff is over the hill. Rare started staling by 2014, I don’t even have any of those left I drank the two I bought myself back in the day.

is...is that really what stuff goes for? i've never dipped into the selling the cellar thing because of my ethics but...like...holy shit
Nah it is way over, except maybe the 2012-2014 regular bottles for around $20.

You can get a bomber of 2012 Coffee direct from Goose for $52 right now, and she is asking $160...

Pretty sure you can't get more than $300, maybe $350 on secondary if you are lucky on that 2010 Rare either.

Latest posts