US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Help Support Talkbeer:

dan

As for the BCS Barleywine, I heard from a Goose employee (no really! I was talking to a beer guy at Whole Foods and this guy walked by and overheard us talking about BCS releases this year) that it's not 100% 3rd fill barrel-aged barleywine. There wasn't enough barrel flavor, so they dumped some barleywine into 2nd fill barrels and the bottled product will be a blend. On the other site, someone was suggesting a 60/40 split favoring the 2nd fill barleywine. I don't know how this will affect its KHU value.

The Goose employee also seemed to suggest that there will be a lot of it -- and I suspect that by adding in non-BCS barrel-aged barleywine, they're able to stretch it further than initially planned.

As for the BCS Barleywine, I heard from a Goose employee (no really! I was talking to a beer guy at Whole Foods and this guy walked by and overheard us talking about BCS releases this year) that it's not 100% 3rd fill barrel-aged barleywine. There wasn't enough barrel flavor, so they dumped some barleywine into 2nd fill barrels and the bottled product will be a blend...
I take it this is the reason the release has been delayed since March?

MarkIntihar

Staff member
As for the BCS Barleywine, I heard from a Goose employee (no really! I was talking to a beer guy at Whole Foods and this guy walked by and overheard us talking about BCS releases this year) that it's not 100% 3rd fill barrel-aged barleywine. There wasn't enough barrel flavor, so they dumped some barleywine into 2nd fill barrels and the bottled product will be a blend. On the other site, someone was suggesting a 60/40 split favoring the 2nd fill barleywine. I don't know how this will affect its KHU value.

The Goose employee also seemed to suggest that there will be a lot of it -- and I suspect that by adding in non-BCS barrel-aged barleywine, they're able to stretch it further than initially planned.
brb, fapping

I take it this is the reason the release has been delayed since March?
Not a Photoshop, Btw:

Yes. Also backyard rye.

There is also a non-fruited/non coconut just bcbs in rye barrels. I assumed it would be to blend with the over fruited Backyard variant, but was told it could end up as its own variant.
Did your guy tell you if either are being bottled? My ISO on BA has created mass confusion.

IT WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO MAKE CALIFORNIA UPSET

Latest posts