Foam Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youbrewidrink

Reaction score
Ok, it's over a month and nobody has mentioned Foam Brewers on the waterfront in Burlington, VT.

Outstanding new entry into the greater Burlington beer scene! I tried a number of their offerings, the Saison de Foam paired nicely with their cheese board.

They also serve great sour beers from their brother brewery, House of Fermentology.

DO NOT MISS this place if your in Burlington.

Thinking about hitting this place up on my way home from fofa, anyone got any recent experiences? They're reviews on untapped are pretty solid.

Had a friend come back from VT who was raving about the place. Gonna have a few birthday drinks there next Wednesday.

This place might be my new favourite stop in Burlington. Within decent stumbling distance from both the lake and the downtown hotels and Built to Spill and Pavement do not take a backseat to anything else being brewed in New england today. Wound up going back twice.

been there twice now and both times I've enjoyed there offerings, missed out on yellow dot tho was looking to try that...

Was hoping to do a Yellow Dot / Green Dot side by side but missed out on the latter. Anyone care to boast about what all I'm missing?

Was hoping to do a Yellow Dot / Green Dot side by side but missed out on the latter. Anyone care to boast about what all I'm missing?

personally don't think their sour beers have been particularly good, certainly not on HF level.
too sour, not enough depth or complexity.

personally don't think their sour beers have been particularly good, certainly not on HF level.

Interesting. Thanks for the intel. Maybe they're still a little young need a few more months to develop in the bottles?

I concur with everyone on Foam. It's hard to argue when the beers have both great band names AND don't suck. Liked Yellow Dot enough but didn't get others bc it was same weekend as VT Beer Fest.

Saw they are also releasing Ghost bottles on Oct 28 (as per their FB).

GreenAnd House dot were really good on tap and I am very picky with my sours, lol. Super tropical, one had an almost creamy mouthful going on. Yea they are lacto forward, but I thought the two I mentioned had a decent depth and we're great.. Orange dot was a bit one dimensional but not bad by any means...

They did a saison with drie yeast too a couple weeks back that was actually absolutely stellar

giphy.gif

Nice space, affordable cheese plates and good seating. Hours until 11 on the weekend make for a great spot to stop during a night creeping around Burlington.

Halo Bender was tasty this weekend and all the IPAs were very good. Nice that they have a sort of "range" between more New England style IPAs and less turbid, west coast influenced ones.

I found the dot beers to be absurdly tart, but still tasty. Both draft versions were teeth stripping sour, my guess under 3 ph. Cool that they used Buddha hand fruit and ginger in the House Dot 2, interesting stuff if you could brace through it.

Certainly not my last go-round. Foam is great.

Nice space, affordable cheese plates and good seating. Hours until 11 on the weekend make for a great spot to stop during a night creeping around Burlington.

Halo Bender was tasty this weekend and all the IPAs were very good. Nice that they have a sort of "range" between more New England style IPAs and less turbid, west coast influenced ones.

I found the dot beers to be absurdly tart, but still tasty. Both draft versions were teeth stripping sour, my guess under 3 ph. Cool that they used Buddha hand fruit and ginger in the House Dot 2, interesting stuff if you could brace through it.

Certainly not my last go-round. Foam is great.

Interesting I had house dot on last last Thursday certainly sour but I've had a lot more US sours that were teeth stripping sour...

Enjoyed my visit either way.. I've been there 3 times now and I see them getting better each time go.

Will be hitting HF on Saturday, and will spend the remainder of the day/night in Burlington afterwards. Anyone have any words of advice on how to go about hitting up Foam? Not sure if they serve anything beyond charcuterie or not, but if they don't, are there any places we should check out that offer good local brews and food?

Thanks in advance!

Will be hitting HF on Saturday, and will spend the remainder of the day/night in Burlington afterwards. Anyone have any words of advice on how to go about hitting up Foam? Not sure if they serve anything beyond charcuterie or not, but if they don't, are there any places we should check out that offer good local brews and food?

Thanks in advance!

Hit Foam early in the day, as they get crowded depending upon how early/late you get to Burlington from HF. After 5 pm, gonna probably be a ********. Might be better if you try on Sunday (all depends on what time you get to Burlington).
They serve some other foods, I can't remember off of the top of my head.
This will help you better than me:

http://www.foambrewers.com/

Still, I'm boggled why some say they are considered a brewpub since they don't serve meals, but whatever, it is what it is.

Other places in the area are:

http://www.farmhousetg.com/

http://zerogravitybeer.com/

http://www.queencitybrewery.com/ - if you like more traditional styles of brewing

Simple Roots, Switchback and Vermont Pub & Brewery also lean towards more traditional styles in some of their brews, but I like those places.

http://www.citizencider.com/ - for ciders, if that's your thing, but you can also get their ciders all around town.

http://www.thearchivesbar.com/ - if ya wanna grab some great beers and play some old time arcade games

http://www.thescuffer.com/ - fabulous food and they get Heady in there

Hen of the Woods in Burlington is also legit.

Following little place, not many know about:

What Ales You?

152 Saint Paul St
Burlington, Vermont United States 05401

In Winooski:

Mule Bar kicks ass in their beer selection.
Misery Loves Company is a great little restaurant with great taps.
Four Quarters Brewing Company likes to often think outside the box when it comes to brewing.
Waterworks Food & Drink also kicks ass.

In Williston:

Vermont Tap House carries Heady, and some easy to find HF beers. I think they have Focal Banger again. Food is extremely awesome there.
Burlington Beer Company beers have been kicking ass lately.
Goodwater Brewery sticks to more traditional styles.

In South Burlington:

The Guild is one of the best restaurants in this town: beers from Fiddlehead, Frost, HF and TA.

Depending if you have the time and which route you're coming from:

Ten Bends Beer in Hyde Park (from Morrisville to Burlington) has been brewing some great stuff.

And then Great Measure (Northfield, VT) has also been doing an exceptional job with their beers lately.

Feel free to reply to ask any more questions or pm me, whatever is easiest.

Thanks in advance!

When I was at Foam this summer, the ArtsRiot food truck was outside. I don't know if/think that's a regular occurrence but maybe something else will be there.

I agree with everything BulkCarrier said (nice list!). I'm not super into cider but Citizen does a great job with them, and the food is very good. Certainly worth a stop if you have the time and want to change things up a bit.

When I was at Foam this summer, the ArtsRiot food truck was outside. I don't know if/think that's a regular occurrence but maybe something else will be there.

I agree with everything BulkCarrier said (nice list!). I'm not super into cider but Citizen does a great job with them, and the food is very good. Certainly worth a stop if you have the time and want to change things up a bit.

Thanks! Gotta keep spreading the good love of beer to all! Cheers!

Thanks in advance!
Went to Foam last August and was blown away. IPAS were excellent and the saison I had was good. Does VT really need another excellent brewery lol? Definitely plan on hitting it again on my trip for the TB party the weekend of April 7th-9th. Cheers

Last edited:
Went to Foam last August and was blown away. IPAS were excellent and the saison I had was good. Does VT really need another excellent brewery lol? Definitely plan on hitting it again on my trip for the TB party the weekend of April 7th. Cheers

I could mention the bad breweries here, but sometimes, that's a matter of opinion, I guess.

Cheers!

Even though the people and beer are great, it's Good Measure in Northfield.

Manhattan Pizza (in Burlington) has decent food and normally a killer tap list with multiple HF offerings.

Burlington Beer (in Williston) now serves great grilled sandwiches, tacos & nachos.

McGilligudy's (in Williston) Typical sports bar/Irish pub menu with a great tap list.

Even though the people and beer are great, it's Good Measure in Northfield.

Manhattan Pizza (in Burlington) has decent food and normally a killer tap list with multiple HF offerings.

Burlington Beer (in Williston) now serves great grilled sandwiches, tacos & nachos.

McGilligudy's (in Williston) Typical sports bar/Irish pub menu with a great tap list.

Thanks, I forgot those!

And Grazer's too (within walking distance of McGillicuddy's) had Maine Lunch on tap recently, so much out there right now! We're fortunate.

At Foam now. Super chunk is very good, moved on to red panda.

Can't comment on the dot beers, but this is hardly enamel stripping sour. I'd place it slightly above a Hf wild.

In any event, tasty, not overly funky with a nice subtle cherry pie finish. Apparently aged on cherries and in Cabernet barrels

Back