FOBAB 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd session...2nd year in a row coming out from LA, couldn't be more excited.

First session again. Not sure what after. Meat pies at Pleasant House again maybe.
Mmmmmmmmmeat pie. Nummy.

Hoping for Bourbon County Barleywine and maybe a little more Apple Brandy Bourbon County. And 100 other world class treats from all the heck over.

First session again. Not sure what after. Meat pies at Pleasant House again maybe.
Mmmmmmmmmeat pie. Nummy.

Hoping for Bourbon County Barleywine and maybe a little more Apple Brandy Bourbon County. And 100 other world class treats from all the heck over.

Last year GI brought the goods so I'm assuming they will this year. They'd be stupid not bring the barleywine and the BCBS variation station from last year was magical.

1st Session 3rd year in a row. Can't wait. My future father in law tagging along again this year. He couldn't understand how he was going to get drunk off 3 oz samples last year when I warned him to take it slow. He ended up attempting to smoke a cigar on the bus and pissed on the red line platform. Good times.

1st session right now. Supposed to be 5 of us going and 2 guys got 2nd session on accident (no idea how you screw that up?). So, I might be trading for 2nd session, since it seems like everyone wants 1st session.

1st session right now. Supposed to be 5 of us going and 2 guys got 2nd session on accident (no idea how you screw that up?). So, I might be trading for 2nd session, since it seems like everyone wants 1st session.

I know a dood that will take you up on that. Shoot me a BM if it ends up happening!

I know a dood that will take you up on that. Shoot me a BM if it ends up happening!
If i need to switch one I definitely will. Problem is there is 3 of us that will try to switch to 2nd session, and if we can't we will probably just stay with the 1st session. I don't really care either way, just trying to get all of us in the same session.

2nd session. It's my first time going and I'm really excited. It seems like a lot of the local breweries are planning on bringing some amazing stuff.

Let's all not forget they added a Mead and Cider category this year. Heads will roll.
I did not hear this. Not a huge mead or cider guy but will definitely try some. I think its mostly the price vs not sure if I will like it enough to justify cost.

ICBG posted the glass we will all be using. I hope it's as big as last year's glass.

1380276_453153218133847_1419966309_n.jpg

Is everyone going to 1st session IMBIBE members? Are there enough members that I need to be concerned about done things tapping super fast once the gen pop gets in?
Last year I was probably around the 100th person in and there were a couple beers tapped already when I got up there. Cherry rye being one. Not sure if there are more people at 1st session over 2nd or vice versa?

Last year I was probably around the 100th person in and there were a couple beers tapped already when I got up there. Cherry rye being one. Not sure if there are more people at 1st session over 2nd or vice versa?

Imbibe members get a hour early entry, that is what I am concerned about. If a couple hundred get in early, **** outa luck. Obviously not Imbibe right now, but considering just for this.

Imbibe members get a hour early entry, that is what I am concerned about. If a couple hundred get in early, **** outa luck. Obviously not Imbibe right now, but considering just for this.

The "hour early" entry ended up being about 25 minutes since they let everyone in without distinguishing between imbibe or not. Once everyone was checked in then they let people upstairs that we're imbibe members. It was a pretty bad process overall, but when I finally did make it up I definitely saw crowding going on. People just weren't leaving the big name tables. I was ok with it because while everyone wouldn't leave Cherry Rye or King Henry I had BA Abraxas, Black Note, a few Lost Abbey tracks, etc.

Now that there are more
Imbibe members this year I think the hour early advantage will be even key.

I also happen to be ISO of two session 1 tickets, I managed to find two tickets for sale after they sold out, but they were for session 2 and all my beer nerds are going to the first session. :/ If for some reason anyone wants to swap, I will be eternally grateful.

Really want to make the trip out here for the event and am currently ISO one ticket to the late session. Anybody that has an extra ticket or knows someone that does please message me and let's talk. Hope to see you guys there next month. Cheers!!!

Chris, look on Craigslist Chicago as it gets closer to the event. People start dropping like flies. Also, get the first session.

I'm going and have first session tickets.

I might be looking to trade both for second session tickets due to a possible conflict.

I'm a little worried by not being an IMBIBE member also, and missing out on some awesome beers potentially.

Then again I don't want to have to try finding a cab at that time of night from the events location.

Anyone with physical tickets: Is your name on the ticket?

I have printable tickets (that has my name on it) and might be trying to trade them from afternoon to evening session. I have gone the past 2 years and I don't remember them ever checking your ID and then the ticket. It seemed like the check ID's ahead in the line and then when you got in you gave your ticket when you got your program, glass and drink tickets.

I have printable tickets (that has my name on it) and might be trying to trade them from afternoon to evening session. I have gone the past 2 years and I don't remember them ever checking your ID and then the ticket. It seemed like the check ID's ahead in the line and then when you got in you gave your ticket when you got your program, glass and drink tickets.

That's how I recall last year working as well.

The only problem is I don't trust my fuzzy memory that was induced by the awesomeness of the event 100%.

Physical tickets don't have names on them.

hmmm... So my printable tickets might have an issue with being nontransferable?

Two years ago I transferred mine by simply calling Brown Paper Tickets, despite the non-transferable warning on their site.

It's worth a shot. I simply told them I could not make the drive from out of state anymore. I needed the credit card I charged them to, and it was as simple as that.

By printable tickets, do you mean those printed from a computer? Before I traded 2 of my tickets from early to late session I checked with one of the people running the event to make sure that it would be OK even if the names didn't match at the door. He said it's fine. You should be OK.

By printable tickets, do you mean those printed from a computer? Before I traded 2 of my tickets from early to late session I checked with one of the people running the event to make sure that it would be OK even if the names didn't match at the door. He said it's fine. You should be OK.
Yes. Tickets I can print from my computer. I did not get physical tickets mailed to me.

Yes. Tickets I can print from my computer. I did not get physical tickets mailed to me.
You should be fine. I have 2 tickets in my name and 2 in somebody else's name (the guy I traded with.) I was told by some one I know over at ICBG that it wouldn't be a problem. Quite a few people were trading fast and furious after the sale.

Back