FoFA 2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadJustin

Reaction score
Someone had to do it, I’m your Huckleberry.

So 8/4/2018, we yet again converge upon the NEK to touch tips and cause general dischord and debauchery.

Idk about you guys but I’m practicing 2 songs for Karaoke a Parker Friday. I’m totally serious.

So what are plans? Who needs help with what.

I'm 0-3 for the past 4 years I have tried to sign up. Hopefully my luck changes this year. I was planning on going to VT around August either way.

For those non-SLM folks be aware the Stagecoach is booked out that weekend for a wedding. Who get's married on FoFA weekend? o_O

(obligatory touching tips gif)
tenor.gif

I will be camping and enjoying skateparks with dozens of friends in Colorado that weekend... I'll toast from afar and drink some HF shedding a single tear.

So no guests and all HF beers this year. Color me intrigued.
It’s a throwback to the days when you could just walk up same day and get a ticket. Although, unless they’re gonna shrink the size of the fest back to those days as well, that’s gonna be ALOT of HF beer for them to tap.

I wonder if this is Shaun’s reaction to the long lines for ‘rare’ beers, with people standing in torrential rain to not lose their place in a Side Project line, rather than standing watching White Buffalo with a glass of Anna.

Get rid of the other breweries, have the regular HF beers alongside a few vintage kegs, lay on some blues and nice food...

I wonder if this is Shaun’s reaction to the long lines for ‘rare’ beers, with people standing in torrential rain to not lose their place in a Side Project line, rather than standing watching White Buffalo with a glass of Anna.

Get rid of the other breweries, have the regular HF beers alongside a few vintage kegs, lay on some blues and nice food...

Makes sense. I didn't touch the Side Project line for that reason. I was content with Suarez, cider bombs, and maximum tip touching. They will probably also cut the number of tickets down...once everyone was out of beer the HF line became a scene out of Battle Royale.

I wish I could swing it this year. Have a bachelor party the weekend before and a wedding the weekend after. I just don't think my bank account can handle it.

It’s a throwback to the days when you could just walk up same day and get a ticket. Although, unless they’re gonna shrink the size of the fest back to those days as well, that’s gonna be ALOT of HF beer for them to tap.
Well considering members get a ticket that's like 2-250 right there. Add the public sale and I don't really see this being a small event. I'd expect at least 400. There will, as usual, be a good number of vintage "regulars" and also the Tim residency beers and I would expect a good number of barrel aged beers.

I do feel stuff will go fast, the SARA beers for example. Will interesting to see if there is enough for everyone and how that will play out

That was my first thought - I don't know if this will necessarily fix that, but it could. All I know is I'm cool with it.

Was it 2012 Arthur that was getting poured last year? I'd be all over that again.

Should be interesting to see this years fest... I'm in. Going but hoping for another ticket for the wife. Was gonna book Highland Lodge but they do 3 night minimums in summer. Got an airbnb in Hardwick instead. Hoping for good weather!

It’s gonna rain. Always does man. lol.

Having LoG 1/15/16 (BA Farmer Wave) and having a bit of a holy **** moment. This is incredible, probably my favorite HF I've cracked open since BA Fear and Trembling around Christmas.

Also should note I had CD Citrus last night and it was very good, already improved from the one I had in February or so. I'm gonna withhold from having another til next year or so, I think it's going to get where people were hoping in time.

Having LoG 1/15/16 (BA Farmer Wave) and having a bit of a holy **** moment. This is incredible, probably my favorite HF I've cracked open since BA Fear and Trembling around Christmas.

Also should note I had CD Citrus last night and it was very good, already improved from the one I had in February or so. I'm gonna withhold from having another til next year or so, I think it's going to get where people were hoping in time.

Get an avi please. Good god man.

It’s gonna rain. Always does man. lol.

I'm attending, so there will be some sort of weird weather.

Visit 1 - 2013 Anniversary = snowstorm in late May
Visit 2 - CW pickup 1 = 4 feet of snow in 2 days
Visit 3 - FoFA 2017 = Rain
Visit 4 - CW pickup 2 = 87 degrees in late September
FoFA 2018 = thundersnow?

Bus signups soon? :)

Back