FoFA 2019

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

Last year was my first and first trip to Vermont. I was wayyy too hungover on the bus up to Hill. Thought I ruined the day. Ended up having an unbelievable time. Hoping I can do it again this year minus the too many beers the night before( this part is unrealistic).

Booked Highland Lodge again! Hopeful & looking forward to another awesome FoFA making new friends and seeing all of the familiar faces. Also looking forward to going to Hill on Thursday this year, and possibly avoiding the Friday craziness. Wonder if they'll continue the HF/Wunderkammer beers only theme, or go back to guest breweries. Last year worked out well, add Memoria pours and we're golden.

What's the best place to check to get the lowdown on buses? Normally it's a crew going, and someone DD's, but this year it's just my wife and I, so we are looking for a bus option from Waterbury or Burlington, or wherever really... Do they usually get posted here?

Booked Highland Lodge again! Hopeful & looking forward to another awesome FoFA making new friends and seeing all of the familiar faces. Also looking forward to going to Hill on Thursday this year, and possibly avoiding the Friday craziness. Wonder if they'll continue the HF/Wunderkammer beers only theme, or go back to guest breweries. Last year worked out well, add Memoria pours and we're golden.

Rumor has it I have a beer to bring back up there to share with friends.

Because I can't wait to not receive a confirmation email, I'm over here trying to interpret the FOFA ticket notification information. From the HF FOFA page;
  • Names will be drawn randomly by Universe on Weds., May 15, 2019.
  • Winners will be sent an email by Tickets Today confirming selection and an access key to purchase up to 2 tickets per person beginning Thurs., May 16, 2019, after 12 p.m. EST.
Clearly today is the day that Universe doesn't draw my name, but that second bullet point could be read two ways;
  1. Winners will be sent an email, beginning 5/16 after 12pm EST, confirming selection.
  2. Winners will be sent an email confirming selection [at some time after drawing on 5/15], and the purchase of tickets begins 5/16 after 12pm EST.
Anyone want to nervously speculate with me as to which one it is?

In for FOFA. If anyone who has a Stagecoach reservation ends up deciding to not go, I'm still searching for a room.

Also my Wife and I are in for the bus from Waterbury.

I'm ISO 2 tickets as well. Planned to visit from Sweden for the first time! :)

Maybe this isn't the place for it, but what seems to have been the going rate in for a pair of tickets the last years?

I've already seen some silly offers like Samuel+Clover for one ticket, but I'm hoping that can't be the norm.

I'm ISO 2 tickets as well. Planned to visit from Sweden for the first time! :)

Maybe this isn't the place for it, but what seems to have been the going rate in for a pair of tickets the last years?

I've already seen some silly offers like Samuel+Clover for one ticket, but I'm hoping that can't be the norm.
Last year it seemed like a lot of people were offering tickets at cost. Doesn’t seem to be the case this year. Maybe closer to the event there will be more people who can’t make it? Who knows.

Last year it seemed like a lot of people were offering tickets at cost. Doesn’t seem to be the case this year. Maybe closer to the event there will be more people who can’t make it? Who knows.
They’d probably get more if they offered them now. Not a lot of people outside the region can book a plane ticket and rental car last minute...

Back