Founders KBS 2014 release info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymo55

Reaction score
IMPORTANT: ALL TICKETS ARE BOTH NAME AND DATE SPECIFIC AND ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER, PLEASE DON'T ASK!

KBS: What we’ve got here is an imperial stout brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolates, then cave-aged in oak bourbon barrels for an entire year to make sure wonderful bourbon undertones come through in the finish. Makes your taste buds squeal with delight.

We will be selling this product in our taproom using a controlled five-day, pre-ticketed release, similar to previous releases. Tickets go on-sale Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 11am EST.

*Keep in mind, tickets for this event are in very high demand, and we expect tickets to sell out quickly.

Each ticket reserves the right to purchase up to TWO 4-packs of KBS (max of 8 bottles total), at $19 per 4-pack (tax and deposit are included), ONLY on the date specified on your ticket, and ONLY by the person listed on the ticket. All reserved KBS 4-packs are to be picked up at the brewery in Grand Rapids, MI during pick-up hours (11am-9pm).

You may buy ONE ticket for ONE of the following days:

~DAY #1. Tuesday, March 18, 2014

~DAY #2. Wednesday, March 19, 2014

~DAY #3. Thursday, March 20, 2014

~DAY #4. Friday, March 21, 2014

~DAY #5. Saturday, March 22, 2014

By purchasing this ticket, you are securing your rights to purchase up to (2) 4-packs (8 bottles) of KBS, ONLY on the specific date listed on your ticket. All ticket holders for any given date are required to make their purchase only ON THE DATE listed on their ticket, IN PERSON, or will forfeit the opportunity. Refunds will not be issued for unused or lost tickets.

Any allotted bottles that are not purchased on their given date will be added to the reserve inventory, which will be released at a future unannounced date in our taproom.

All ticket holders are required to have their ticket, as well as a valid ID, as recognized by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission, and will be required to pay for (via cash or credit card) and pick-up their product, both in person, on that given day.

Due to overwhelming feedback regarding the ability to reduce scalping, we have returned to the "Name Specific" tickets. Each ticket is assigned to the purchaser and CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not sure if you are able to complete your purchase on the date specified on your ticket, do not purchase a ticket.

All proceeds from ticket sales will be contributed to the Grand Rapids White Water initiative.
***THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE TICKET PER PERSON FOR THE ENTIRE FIVE DAY RELEASE. ANY TICKETS ORDERED WITH DUPLICATE ATTENDEE NAMES WILL NOT BE HONORED AND REFUNDS WILL NOT BE OFFERED***

IMPORTANT: ALL TICKETS ARE NAME AND DATE SPECIFIC AND ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER. PLEASE DON'T ASK!

Wahhhhh 4 less bottles, no way am I driving 3 hours now wahhhhhhh

DeQYRwF.gif

G5aplo5.gif

lz4lKKq.gif

"IMPORTANT: ALL TICKETS ARE NAME AND DATE SPECIFIC AND ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER. PLEASE DON'T ASK!"

Great thought my days of fake ID's to buy beer were behind me.

No whining here, just not sure I'll be making the drive for 8 bottles. Then again, I've gone further for worse.

Not sure if drinking drives me to Michigan or being in Michigan drives me to drink.
With only two 4 packs per person, yet another reason to not go to Michigan.

Not sure if this is the right place, I am looking for KBS this year. I have a 4pk of 90minute IPA and 4pk of Moderntimes Blackhouse stout which should be about $4$. PM me with serious offers only.

looks like i'll be doing my yearly local kbs hunt again... oh wells, less disappointed every year. Founders has gone from my favorite brewery to maybe top 20

Got mine (Fri) very easy as well. Went back for a second ticket for my co-pilot and "Pending". WTF.
Refresh a few more times and everything opened back up. Whew.
So I guess the site can only handle a bunch in carts at a time, processes them, opens up again. Odd, but worked.

Way smoother than last year. Going Friday and probably staying overnight so I can pound some at Founders Saturday.

I'm prolly just driving up with my bud, grabbing our allotment, hitting Vivant for duck nachos, then heading home to Kuhnhenn for mead. At least, thats the plan today.

Annnnnnnnnnnd..... thud.

giphy.gif

Still gonna be ISO.... but not desperate, and not going to worry 1 iota if it doesn't happen.

Glass sucks. wtf is that shape behind the KBS? Generic glass with easy "custom" logo on it.

Is the beer good? Love '11 and '12. '13 did not like.

Didn't mind '13. Thought the wrap around was a cool idea, not perfectly executed.

What I do know is that it makes my decision to pass on my bottles (and the trip) a helluvaloteasier.

Going up Friday with friends, probably won't make it to Founders til around 8. Gonna get bottles and then hang around town, staying at Travellodge for the night and going back up Saturday for some draft KBS before heading home.

Back