Fred Fest 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltersrj

Reaction score
May 15th, from 1-5 pm at HotD:
FredFest is a celebration of Fred Eckhardt's life and his role in Beer culture as we know it today. Tickets are $65 and include a commemorative glass, endless beer food buffet, and over 25 Beers from a special selection of Brewers.

100% of FredFest ticket sales go to our charity, Hair of the Dog covers all expenses for the event, so we encourage you to pay more than the suggested ticket price.

This year we are splitting our donations between our house charity and something that was very close to Fred's heart.

In the late '70s, Fred was the Aquatics instructor at the Mittleman Jewish Community Center in southwest Portland. He was instrumental in growing the swim team and left a legacy that still exists today. Fred was an orphan and had a tough childhood, helping kids to learn how to handle life was a true passion for him. The money will be used for summer swimming scholarships at the MJCC.

Our house charity, Guide Dogs for the Blind is more than an industry-leading guide dog school; they are a passionate community that serves the visually impaired. With exceptional client services and a robust network of trainers, puppy raisers, donors and volunteers, they prepare highly qualified guide dogs to serve and empower individuals who are blind or have low vision. All of their services are provided free of charge and they receive no government funding.

This year's breweries include:
  • 10 Barrel
  • Avery
  • Barley Brown's
  • Beachwood
  • Bear Republic
  • Berryessa
  • Big Island
  • Block 15
  • Breakside
  • Crooked Stave
  • Chuckanut
  • Commons
  • Firestone
  • Golden Valley
  • Hill Farmstead
  • Hair of the Dog
  • Holy Mountain
  • Shelton Brothers (importers)
  • Six Points
  • Stone
  • Upright
  • Jester King

Last edited:
I am so stoked for this year's lineup and to celebrate a man that was so instrumental in the craft beer scene for such a long time. Fred was such a kind person and he is definitely going to be missed. Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers
Ryan

It'll be worth it. The HotD 20th anniversary was similar (though all HotD beers obviously) and was the best beer event I've ever been to. Tons of food, great beers, awesome charities, and good people. Hope to see you there!

It'll be worth it. The HotD 20th anniversary was similar (though all HotD beers obviously) and was the best beer event I've ever been to. Tons of food, great beers, awesome charities, and good people. Hope to see you there!
The 20th anni was only great because I was there. You know it's true.

Also, both sessions was the best stupid idea I've ever had.

The 20th anni was only great because I was there. You know it's true.

This is pretty much true, if only to have the opportunity to comb out your moustache.

Also, both sessions was the best stupid idea I've ever had.

I still to this day cannot believe you and Pasta did that. I was pretty wasted by the time the festival closed and you poured us all the remainder of the BCBS Proprietor from your flip top half growler lol. For those that weren't there...I say remainder because Frank was brilliant enough to pour like 1/3 of it into his sweatshirt/pants...

While Fredfest is great, and a staple in PDX events...hotd 20th anni party was the best beer event I've ever attended.

Maple. Bourbon. Fred.
Maple Bourbon Fred is still my favorite beer HotD has ever made. I had that and Pannapooch Reserva each 5 times because they were 1 ticket.
Bob was also awesome to try. Fantastic beer.

Latest posts

Back