Frederiksdal Kirsebaervin

Help Support Talkbeer:

Found 1 store in Boston that is loaded. (Fort Point Market)

I've only had the reserve but it was amazing so hopefully I'll get to grab the others soon
They always seem to have some great stuff on the shelves. I dont get up to boston too often but whenever Im there I make a point to go here.

Any notes on storage after opening? Is it like Madeira that I can leave out and it will never change? Do I need to refrigerate after opening?
I’ve had bottles that were at least a couple months old that tasted the same, stored at room temperature.

Reminds me of an alcoholic cherry slush from sonic.
I decided to taste this over a few days. It peaked 4-5 days after I opened it. After a few days, it thinned out and opened up. It lost that syrupy sweetness and really showcased the cherry. But it then started to slowly oxidize in a manner one would expect from a 14% wine. Still drinkable but clearly on a decline.

I decided to taste this over a few days. It peaked 4-5 days after I opened it. After a few days, it thinned out and opened up. It lost that syrupy sweetness and really showcased the cherry. But it then started to slowly oxidize in a manner one would expect from a 14% wine. Still drinkable but clearly on a decline.
Did you keep it in the fridge after opening? Use a Vacu Vin to help remove oxygen after opening?

I've held on to open bottles for upwards of a couple weeks (in the fridge after using a few pumps of the Vacu Vin) without any noticeable change, and have held on to some open bottles of mead for far longer than that with similar results.

Did you keep it in the fridge after opening? Use a Vacu Vin to help remove oxygen after opening?

I've held on to open bottles for upwards of a couple weeks (in the fridge after using a few pumps of the Vacu Vin) without any noticeable change, and have held on to some open bottles of mead for far longer than that with similar results.
No to both questions. Oddly enough I have a coravin but not a vacuum pump.

For heavier wines (e.g. mead and port) I tend to leave unrefrigerated unless I plan on having it for an extended period i.e. longer than a week or two. With these wines, I wanted to see what an extended opening would do with it and since it was drinking so well after a week sitting out I just decided to leave it that way and continue on with it.

Just because your non-nuanced baby palate can't tell the difference...