Fremont 1st Nail

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend Brett works at Fremont, he confirmed that they brewed a new batch. Noble Fir had a keg of the new batch a few weeks ago...smoky bacon badness. Nowhere near as good as the original batch.

Ok, so reporting in...

Ended up at Pine Box tonight for their 2nd Anniversary. The keg of batch 1 was faded but not quite as badly as the one I tried about a month ago. Batch 2 is very tasty but with about 1/2 of the cinnamon kick batch 1 had fresh.

Missed bottles of Rusty Nail (BA Batch 1 1st Nail) but was lucky enough to get one of the last glasses poured to share with our table. Out-****ing-Standing! Seriously that beer is incredibly good. Like BA Abraxas good.

Sad I missed seeing you Brian.

Agree on all counts. Especially Rusty Nail. That's a pretty spectacular beer.

I was there for a while, but couldn't stay until 6 to get a pour. When I got there my server said I could get bottles, so I had a pour of FW 17 and PnB. Then when I asked to get a bottle they were sold out! So no Rusty Nail for me.

From what I heard 2nd hand, Pine Box only sold 4 of 30 cases produced, so I'd expect Fremont to have some for sale

Matt, I got there around 5 and it was packed downstairs so I went upstairs and grabbed a wide open 10 seat table

Was the pour you had about a month ago from the brewery at their open house? I had it there and while it was still delicious, the cinnamon/spicyness had really fallen off.

Also, I think I might have an extra B1 1st Nail laying around, if you're still ISO.

Was the pour you had about a month ago from the brewery at their open house? I had it there and while it was still delicious, the cinnamon/spicyness had really fallen off.

Also, I think I might have an extra B1 1st Nail laying around, if you're still ISO.
No it was at a bottle shop.

And yeah, still ISO

anyone know what the different skull colors represent? my buddy that snagged my bottle didn't pay attention when the waitress told him.

anyone know what the different skull colors represent? my buddy that snagged my bottle didn't pay attention when the waitress told him.

Green is Zombie Dust added
The pink ones support breast cancer awareness
Red spent time in a little bourbon barrel inside a bigger bourbon barrel
The blue ones were bottled in bottles recovered from the wreck of the Titanic
The white ones have been in outer space
You don't wanna know about the yellow ones

But for real, I think they're all the same.

Green is Zombie Dust added
The pink ones support breast cancer awareness
Red spent time in a little bourbon barrel inside a bigger bourbon barrel
The blue ones were bottled in bottles recovered from the wreck of the Titanic
The white ones have been in outer space
You don't wanna know about the yellow ones

But for real, I think they're all the same.

james-earle-jones-totes-mcgotes.gif

Just a FYI that I asked at Fremont today and they said that they've bottled the second batch. Waiting on labeling and such. They're hoping to have bottles ready for sale next week.

Just a FYI that I asked at Fremont today and they said that they've bottled the second batch. Waiting on labeling and such. They're hoping to have bottles ready for sale next week.
2nd batch of rusty?!

Back