FT: Case of '15 BCBS ISO: Samuel + Soignee

Help Support Talkbeer:

I haven't checked but I'm fairly sure the bottles are not infected as I don't think this supermarket would sell me a case of recalled beer.

Just kidding - it's a giveaway! Winner gets a 2-shipper with 2018 Suarez Merkel Morello plus something else from my cellar.

I stopped running in 2014 after our first kid, and decided late last year to get healthy and back on the road. Some of you know I've been training for this upcoming Sunday's NYC Half Marathon. Back in my heyday (2008 - 2011) I could (and did) roll out of bed half drunk and finish a half in a respectable time, but after 4+ years of almost no running and 25lb weight gain, it was like starting from scratch again.

All you have to do is guess my finish (chip) time within 10 seconds. For example, if you guess "2:00:00", you win if I run any time between 2:00:00 and 2:00:09. Any guess not ending in a 0 is invalid - so 2:00:20 is fine but 2:00:23 is not. These example times have no bearing on my goal or estimated finish time, BTW.

Must be a contributing member of TB since Oct 2018 or have at least 100 posts.

Some helpful info before guessing:
  • My fastest half marathon was in 2010 - 1:25:42. I was 178 pounds then and I ran 60 miles/week
  • I'm currently down to 189 pounds and I average 25 miles/week
  • The NYC Half course is decently hilly - you can check out the course map and elevation profile HERE. We're also running over a bridge and several miles on an elevated highway in March in NYC.
  • My last long run was an extremely flat and windless 11 miler this past Saturday where I averaged a 7:18/mile pace.
One guess per person. CONUS shipping only. Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys, I realized not everyone is a runner so wanted to make guessing a little easier. If you have already guessed you may amend your guess once after this post.

A half marathon is 13.1 miles.
An 8:00/mile average pace would be a 1:45:00 finish
A 7:30/mile pace would roughly be a 1:37:30
Good luck!

Latest posts