FW Parabajava resellers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkyellowsky

Reaction score
6zvx3k.jpg

Screw these ****ers - report them to Firestone-Walker, and report them to the ABC. I know in the past the powers that be used to ignore these guys (small potatoes), but now that it's happening enough maybe they'll get all over this resale ****.

Last edited:
Screw these ****ers - report them to Firestone-Walker, and report them to the ABC. I know in the past the powers that be used to ignore these guys (small potatoes), but now that it's happening enough maybe they'll get all over this resale ****.
Word on the street is, the management at FW are not ****ing around and are looking to get local authorities on him for attempting to sell alcohol online. We will see how it goes.

Word on the street is, the management at FW are not ****ing around and are looking to get local authorities on him for attempting to sell alcohol online. We will see how it goes.

It's more than being even on the street. They are not happy, at all.

Did the Dutch do pillories?

I'm torn on this.

On one hand, I really hope law enforcement has something better to do than police resales of Pokemon, baseball cards and beer.

On the other, this dude sucks and I would like him to get his comeuppance or at least have some fear put in him to not pull this.

Then making it more complex, is the role that $$$ and power have. Is it right that FW has the clout to get law enforcement involved in such a thing? Would a less well off person or entity have that ability?

OK, I just had to talk that out to myself, I know how I feel at the end of the day:

Parabajava isn't even that good. Its a notch below Parabola for sure. I simply hope nobody buys these beers from him, and he is stuck with a bunch of beer that is pretty meh.

Let the cops deal with greater issues of public safety. There aren't gonna be a bunch of 17 year olds looking to drop $80 on this beer.

On one hand, I really hope law enforcement has something better to do than police resales of Pokemon, baseball cards and beer.

There already is a specific agency that deals with this - the ABC. They have nothing to do with resales of Pokemon or baseball cards, or general issues of public safety. They supposedly are who makes sure that everybody sticks to their f-d up three-tier system, so shouldn't this be right up their alley?

Parabajava isn't even that good. Its a notch below Parabola for sure. I simply hope nobody buys these beers from him, and he is stuck with a bunch of beer that is pretty meh.

I disagree greatly; I thought the Parabajava was quite good, especially as it warmed. Maybe it isn't your cup of tea, but saying it isn't even that good is an opinion that few people that have had it share with you.

So there’s that.

Damn, Sage - good find (or repost).

This guy got all his beer through one of the FW guys, and now they are dealing with the mess? Has this been pointing out on their Facebook page? [grin]

There already is a specific agency that deals with this - the ABC. They have nothing to do with resales of Pokemon or baseball cards, or general issues of public safety. They supposedly are who makes sure that everybody sticks to their f-d up three-tier system, so shouldn't this be right up their alley?

I disagree greatly; I thought the Parabajava was quite good, especially as it warmed. Maybe it isn't your cup of tea, but saying it isn't even that good is an opinion that few people that have had it share with you.

Probably not right up their alley, but way down on their list of priorities. They're more likely to laugh at neckbeards than they are anything else. This is laughable to most people, the whole thing. Lining up for beer, paying $20 for beer, paying $80 for beer, wanting law enforcement to regulate the third market. . .

Yeah our opinions diverge. I'll take any coffee-bal Speedway, Tyranena, BCS, Stone, Monsters Park, Dark Star, Dark Apparition, Night Train, Cellarmaker, Tweak etc. . .

Over the idea of trying to score Parabajava, much less when FW releases it in such a way. No thanks, more for others with the time or energy for something I think has plenty of substitute goods.

This guy got all his beer through one of the FW guys, and now they are dealing with the mess? Has this been pointing out on their Facebook page? [grin]
From following this a bit on Twitter Firestone's social media side of things referenced this over the weekend so they do know.

Did I miss something? Who works at FW?

Between that and the fact that Kyle Pittser's social media presence on BA was rough at best, Dionysus is off to a rather interesting start.
Got any choice nuggets for us to laugh and laugh and laugh at?

Got any choice nuggets for us to laugh and laugh and laugh at?
Start here and read through the next page or so. Dude admits to rating other DIPAs with scores of 1 at the request of his old boss, answers a lot of questions incoherently, gets busted trading his homebrew for commercial sours, fails to use carriage returns, etc.

Start here and read through the next page or so. Dude admits to rating other DIPAs with scores of 1 at the request of his old boss, answers a lot of questions incoherently, gets busted trading his homebrew for commercial sours, fails to use carriage returns, etc.

It's a little confusing because 2 of the 3 owners are named Kyle. The one on BA isn't the same one on that Facebook post.

Probably not right up their alley, but way down on their list of priorities. They're more likely to laugh at neckbeards than they are anything else. This is laughable to most people, the whole thing. Lining up for beer, paying $20 for beer, paying $80 for beer, wanting law enforcement to regulate the third market. . .

You're definitely right - they're more worried about big-ticket items. This was confirmed over a couple phone calls I had with the California ABC back in 2013 during the whole growler law clarification thing. (Side note: the CA ABC group is actually really responsive to inquiries over email and telephone, even for people outside of the industry).

The other thing to consider is that black market sales don't affect Firestone's profitability in a clear and direct way. I mean, they sold 60 bottles to a single customer. That would never happen 6 or 7 years ago. But I see how it's unfair that Joe Schmoe doesn't have to deal with taxes or the whole alcohol licensing ********, and is still turning a solid profit. That would piss me right off as a brewer or retailer.

This was a huge thread over on BA about this same topic during the eBay sales fiasco. At the end of the day, eBay had to stop sales due to the risk of alcohol selling to minors, not because the sellers were unlicensed.

At the Paso "Campus" you could buy 4 bottles at the back location, 4 bottles at the Visitors center and 1 at the restaurant. Looks like these ******** had 6 guys go through the 3 lines.

Back