FWIBF 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's beer festivals, then there's the Firestone Walker Invitational.
View this email in your browser
FWIBF_Web_Banner1.1.jpg
Bring on Black Friday!
Are you ready for a little midnight shopping?
The highly anticipated Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Festival tickets will be going on pre-sale on
Friday, November 29th at 12am, midnight, Pacific Standard Time.

So what does this mean? This means that after you've had your big ol' Thanksgiving dinner and are so stuffed from turkey and dessert, you have to fight through the food-coma and stay up until midnight, because when the clock strikes 12, tickets go on sale!

mattbrynildsononholttractor_19ad5e22339e2.jpg

391491_511033202285676_1128568520_ne166f3.jpg

The Details:
-The FW Invitational Beer Festival is being held Saturday, May 31st 2014.
-We will be selling two different tickets during the Black Friday Pre-Sale.
-There will be Eventbrite fees in addition to the ticket prices.

Early Admission Tickets: (Yes... we said Early Admission!)

• Early Admission tickets gives guests access to the Invitational one hour earlier than General Admission tickets
  • Tickets will cost $200 each with only 100 available. There will be no Early Admission tickets made available during the General Admission sale in February
  • Purchasers will also receive a swag bag! Because who doesn't like getting cool stuff?
  • Best of all, you can feel good about getting in early because a majority of the proceeds from the Early Admission tickets are being donated to the Marines Corps Scholarship Foundation! The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is the Nation’s oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to military children, with particular attention given to those whose parent has been killed or wounded in combat, or who have demonstrated financial need. Last year Firestone Walker Brewing Co. and the Paso Robles Pioneer Day Committee made a significant donation on behalf of the Invitational to this foundation!
General Admission Tickets:
  • A limited amount of General Admission tickets will be sold at $75 each
  • By purchasing during the pre-sale, purchasers can take advantage of last year’s ticket price (sweet!), however, the price will increase for the February general admission sales. You've been warned!
  • We like things the way they were last year, so in order to keep this as the best beer festival and limit lines & crowds, we are not increasing attendance! Woo hoo!
Tickets available HERE!
Last year these tickets sold out within hours, so set your alarms to ensure you get 'em! The Invitational Beer Festival is a festival above the rest. Guests are treated to rare beers from across with world, with the Brewers who made the beers on-hand for discussion. 100% of the net proceeds of this event go toward Pioneer Day, a non-profit who work relentlessly to preserve and promote the city of Paso Robles and its agricultural heritage.

After two very successful Invitationals, we're promising that our 2014 event will continue to push the envelope and set the standards even higher to satisfy all craft beer lovers. Want to know about the secret collaboration we did with a certain fan-favorite brewery or who is pouring what beer? Stay tuned.... we've got lots of secrets up our sleeve!

For more information, check out our Invitational Event Page or our Invitational Facebook Page.
Cheers and we look forward to seeing you next May!
So Remember:
Black Friday
Nov. 29th at 12am midnight PST
Tickets available via Eventbrite HERE!

So I wonder what FFF and FW brewed last year to put in barrels for this year? So many options, I will have to talk to my sources and see what it was.

I don't see what the big deal is around the $200 dollar tickets. 100 sold with proceeds going to the marine scholarship fund. This whole event is a charity benefit, which allows them to skip a lot of the distribution laws. I think it is worth it to get in an hour early for the extra $125, or probably $100 if you miss the black Friday sale. And you probably get some stickers, which I like. And it works for my brother and I who can hit all the hyped stuff then when the hour is up we can meet up with the rest of our group and hit up all the IIPAs and stuff they like. Very excited to see no more people this year.

I don't see what the big deal is around the $200 dollar tickets. 100 sold with proceeds going to the marine scholarship fund. This whole event is a charity benefit, which allows them to skip a lot of the distribution laws. I think it is worth it to get in an hour early for the extra $125, or probably $100 if you miss the black Friday sale. And you probably get some stickers, which I like. And it works for my brother and I who can hit all the hyped stuff then when the hour is up we can meet up with the rest of our group and hit up all the IIPAs and stuff they like. Very excited to see no more people this year.
I'm the same way. I hate lines. My hatred for lines knows no bounds. I hate lines so much that I would rather skip things I would otherwise drink than wait in line. The lines last year were the only thing that makes me dubious about going back.

Is $125 extra really steep for getting there early and not dealing with lines? Yeah, it's pretty damn steep. It's steep enough where, even with my insane, blinding hatred of lines, I'm considering just doing the normal one. But I'm probably going to do it, because I know I'll enjoy the festival so much more if I go early.

I'm the same way. I hate lines. My hatred for lines knows no bounds. I hate lines so much that I would rather skip things I would otherwise drink than wait in line. The lines last year were the only thing that makes me dubious about going back.

Is $125 extra really steep for getting there early and not dealing with lines? Yeah, it's pretty damn steep. It's steep enough where, even with my insane, blinding hatred of lines, I'm considering just doing the normal one. But I'm probably going to do it, because I know I'll enjoy the festival so much more if I go early.
Hit the ones where you know the lines will be then just wonder around avoiding them, that is my plan.

Hit the ones where you know the lines will be then just wonder around avoiding them, that is my plan.
You'd be shocked how much time even moderate lines kill. If you go early, pacing yourself will be ridiculously important, especially if it's hot again. You'll be able to drink so fast that you'll be dead by the time general admission starts. It'd be a bummer.

Gotta wait until February or hit up Craigslist to get tickets. Either way, I'm going despite missing this mornings pre sale

I got my VIP tickets last night super easy. Can't wait for an hour at this fest with no lines, we gonna get drunk.
Stop following me to all these events.

Also for those who missed out, FWIBF facebook page said they sold out in under a minute and the bulk of tickets are on sale Feb 7th.

My problem with going early is that I need that extra hour to help recover from the night before.

Please let it be like 10 degrees cooler this year.

My problem with going early is that I need that extra hour to help recover from the night before.

Please let it be like 10 degrees cooler this year.
Please let it be 30 degrees cooler. I'll take 10, I want "unseasonably cool". We're owed it after dealing with that miserable heat.

Please let it be 30 degrees cooler. I'll take 10, I want "unseasonably cool". We're owed it after dealing with that miserable heat.
Paso, June, Cool. Choose two.

Actually though, Sierra Nevada and FW should switch festival dates. The IPA fest would kick ass in June and the Invitational would kick ass in Oct.

Got mine. See you MoFos again this year. Best news is the no added tickets and that Jebus told me it will be 75F with a slight southerly breeze. Can't wait.

Agree that June is a bad month in Paso but the heat didn't bother me that much last year, but I was acclimated to the heat. Spring or fall would be so much better. If I recall correctly they have moved it up a week each year.

realized i missed it at 1230. ISO! also likely have an extra spot in the hotel if anyone [from SC or elsewhere] needs.

awww dammit! I was sick yesterday and in no shape to remember this. Anyone got an extra or two they're willing to part with? I'll destroy a porch if I have to...

That was ****ing crazy. I had to refresh 10+ times just to get the tixx in my cart. And they were gone in 20....didn't it last a LOT longer last year?

2014 man.

That was ****ing crazy. I had to refresh 10+ times just to get the tixx in my cart. And they were gone in 20....didn't it last a LOT longer last year?

2014 man.
I thought it was a simple process. Honestly could've bought 10 tickets had I tried. I don't think anyone I personally know had a tough time or got shut out provided they tried

I thought it was a simple process. Honestly could've bought 10 tickets had I tried. I don't think anyone I personally know had a tough time or got shut out provided they tried

Mine kept saying "Pending". Then I'd refresh until it said that tickets were available. I tried to add to cart, and it gave me an error message.

Not nearly as bad as Bruery's online releases, but still way worse than last year. I guess that's to be expected though.

Did you go on right at midnight? I know people who bought multiples. I don't think pending showed up for anyone I talked to until like 12:07 Or something

Did you go on right at midnight? I know people who bought multiples. I don't think pending showed up for anyone I talked to until like 12:07 Or something

Yeah that was the problem - I didn't get on until 12:05 or so.

Either way, got the tickets!

So where's everyone staying this year? :)

Back