• the show!

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • you mean the show is based on books?

Votes: 54 26.7%
  • they're both great

Votes: 73 36.1%

• Total voters
Well if we are making reccomendations--
The Wheel of Time series is pretty epic.... albeit a bit lengthy at 15 books.

You'd recommend reading the whole series, then? I really liked the first five... stopped reading for a while... and was thinking of picking up book six, but then Jordan died and I didn't hear good things about the replacement author.

You'd. ecommend reading the whole series, then? I really liked the first five... stopped reading for a while... and was thinking of picking up book six, but then Jordan died and I didn't hear good things about the replacement author.
The ay it works out--
Books 1-4 were fucking amazing
5-7 started to slow down and got VERY detailed
8-10 were hard to get through.
11 (Jordan's last book) was GREAT
12-14 (by Sanderson) were really good. The plot hit that point where he could wrap things up and make for lots of action to happen.

Ii was very satisfied with Sanderson as the author to complete the series (although I don't think he ever really got Mat "right")

I've read all the books so far and am a big fan of the show. Can't wait for the next book, but hear it may be a couple of YEARS before it is out! I went into serious withdrawal when I learned that :(

Someday book 5 will hit paperback and I can get back on track.

read 1-4 straight last year. took me 4-ish months with daily reading
If my internet stalking of Orange County BA's(should BT be the proper acronym here?) is at all accurate, we do not live terribly far from each other. you're more than welcome to borrow my copy?

The ay it works out--
Books 1-4 were fucking amazing
5-7 started to slow down and got VERY detailed
8-10 were hard to get through.
11 (Jordan's last book) was GREAT
12-14 (by Sanderson) were really good. The plot hit that point where he could wrap things up and make for lots of action to happen.

Ii was very satisfied with Sanderson as the author to complete the series (although I don't think he ever really got Mat "right")
Do you have a spreadsheet/relationship diagram to keep everyone straight? Jordan lost me when the only character he actually killed GOT BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE :(. Though I've been contemplating powering through the entire series now that its finished once I'm caught up on Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series.

Do you have a spreadsheet/relationship diagram to keep everyone straight? Jordan lost me when the only character he actually killed GOT BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE :(. Though I've been contemplating powering through the entire series now that its finished once I'm caught up on Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
Haha.
There's a couple really good WoT websites that I checked out-- those actually helped keep me going.
The chapter summaries and character bios helped tremendously for me to remember everything.

If I can find my beat hard cover I'll put it in that BIF box...
If my internet stalking of Orange County BA's(should BT be the proper acronym here?) is at all accurate, we do not live terribly far from each other. you're more than welcome to borrow my copy?
Thanks for the offers guys but I prefer paperback books. I do the bulk of my reading on planes as a travel the world for my job and paperbacks are easier to travel with.

I've tried my wife's kindle but I like the feel of holding a book
I can get behind that. It took about a week for me to adjust to actually reading something that wasn't a physical book. The convenience of not needing to physically hold a book open while reading (say while eating, cooking, or sitting outside on a windy day) coupled with the glowlite on my nook for more comfortable reading while in bed or in lower light conditions has turned me into an ereader advocate. Not to mention the amount of space I no longer have to dedicate to physical media. I still keep hardbacks of my favorite series, but for things I know I'm not likely to re-read I much prefer a digital medium now.

I've tried my wife's kindle but I like the feel of holding a book
I can get behind that. It took about a week for me to adjust to actually reading something that wasn't a physical book. The convenience of not needing to physically hold a book open while reading (say while eating, cooking, or sitting outside on a windy day) coupled with the glowlite on my nook for more comfortable reading while in bed or in lower light conditions has turned me into an ereader advocate. Not to mention the amount of space I no longer have to dedicate to physical media. I still keep hardbacks of my favorite series, but for things I know I'm not likely to re-read I much prefer a digital medium now.

Ii downloaded some .epub stuff from piratebay onto my phone (galaxy s3), but found it is too small for me to read with for very long. Philosophy essays and short books work well enough.
I bought ny wife a 10" kindle hd, but I don't get to use it...

I was really happy when I discovered halfpricebooks website. I've been able to pick up several books I wanted for a really cheap price.

Ii downloaded some .epub stuff from piratebay onto my phone (galaxy s3), but found it is too small for me to read with for very long. Philosophy essays and short books work well enough.
I bought ny wife a 10" kindle hd, but I don't get to use it...

I was really happy when I discovered halfpricebooks website. I've been able to pick up several books I wanted for a really cheap price.
Check out better world books

I went through a pretty large series once and used them to help me fill out the bulk of the second dozen books

Thoughts on last night's episode?

I think last night's episode was gpod, not as good as episode 2 was, but enjoyable. This episode sets the stage for a bunch of awesome to happen next week.

Little disappointed that this episode was Joff-less. As much as I loathe Joff as a character, that actor plays him so spot on.

Trady

Staff member
Thoughts on last night's episode?

I think last night's episode was gpod, not as good as episode 2 was, but enjoyable. This episode sets the stage for a bunch of awesome to happen next week.

Little disappointed that this episode was Joff-less. As much as I loathe Joff as a character, that actor plays him so spot on.
How's Jamie going to wipe his ass?

spoiler alert.