Votes: 50 24.8%
  • the show!

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • you mean the show is based on books?

Votes: 54 26.7%
  • they're both great

Votes: 73 36.1%

• Total voters
Curious as to which surprises you liked, though.
Surprises might be a strong word, maybe unexpected is better.

The dragon burning the iron throne. Says F this thing. Power corrupts, it killed my mom and so many others. And then he peaced out.

Sam suggesting democracy and getting laughed at. We know how opposed to rulers dictator style government and corrupt power JRRM is.

Bran as king. Not totally shocking, but I think there were more likely arguments for Jon, Sansa, or Arya. And arguably a better ending.

Tyrion getting to continue to serve The Realm, for the good of the Realm, which I think he finally, truely believes after Varys death.

Trust me, there were still quite a few things I didn’t like. Some cheesy things, some pandering to fan favorites, bad writing and dialog at parts, etc.

Point is, it wasn’t a perfect ending, but then again what ever is.. except maybe Breaking Bad?

Last edited:
Look on the bright side, HBO and the show runners are getting millions of people to continue to talk about a show that’s no more.

Maybe in a meta, devicive way that was part of their intent? I’m probably given them too much credit.

Seriously, there's been so much dead air this season. Tyrion sitting at the table, then adjusting the chairs. That entire bullshit Arya sequence with the white horse (which had zero payoff / point btw)
Tyrion’s job as hand is to bring order to the realm. He sets the chairs straight. Then when the people show up they mess up the careful order he had prepared. This is the whole series, people being flawed humans messing up neatly ordered society.

Agreed on the white horse, meaningless, especially in light of the fact she just walks right back into the city.

Point is, it wasn’t a perfect ending, but then again what ever is.. except maybe Breaking Bad?
My only complaint about the ending of Breaking Bad is the whole machine gun in the trunk and being able to perfectly park the car so it hits all the targets. I don't know if you watched it or not but 'The Americans' finale is the definitely the best I've seen.

My only complaint about the ending of Breaking Bad is the whole machine gun in the trunk and being able to perfectly park the car so it hits all the targets. I don't know if you watched it or not but 'The Americans' finale is the definitely the best I've seen.
Getting more off topic but I'd say 'The Americans' and 'Six Feet Under' are two of the best series finales I can recall.

So I chose that no one would sit on the Iron Throne in the end in the GoT pool? I was technically correct, but there was a new King chosen. I'm curious how the betting paid off on this.