Votes: 50 24.8%
  • the show!

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • you mean the show is based on books?

Votes: 54 26.7%
  • they're both great

Votes: 73 36.1%

• Total voters
Here's the thing, the last two seasons would have been completely redeemed if something like that happened because it would have shown that D & D were paying attention and were just teasing us along the entire time. As it stands, they were just a bunch of wankers masquerading as writers who could not give a fuck less about how the series ended, as long as they got their payday and HBO saw record numbers so they could inherit another series to fuck up.
Star Wars is pretty lame and basic anyways so I don't think they can fuck up the movies too much.

Star Wars is pretty lame and basic anyways so I don't think they can fuck up the movies too much.
I think as long as they adapt something and don't try to make their own SW canon, they'll be cool.

They should honestly just get Timothy Zahn (or: insert any number of legit EU writers) to start writing a new trilogy of canon books right now and then just have D&D adapt it. They seem like they excel at production and adaptation of existing source material but aren't exactly Shakesphere when it comes to their own material.

I think as long as they adapt something and don't try to make their own SW canon, they'll be cool.

They should honestly just get Timothy Zahn (or: insert any number of legit EU writers) to start writing a new trilogy of canon books right now and then just have D&D adapt it. They seem like they excel at production and adaptation of existing source material but aren't exactly Shakesphere when it comes to their own material.
All of this ^^^^

Book update (uh, that's prolly is what this thread will eventually become anyways, right?)

New blog post from GRRM.... he's making promises about TWoW over on his blog:
And as it happens, I already have plans to return. In the summer of 2020, Wellington is hosting the World Science Fiction Convention, the oldest and most important con in the SF/ fantasy calendar, and they’ve asked me to serve as Toastmaster for the Hugo Awards. Writers, fans, and artists from all over the world will be headed down to check out all of your wonders. I hope lots of you Kiwis will join us.

But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done. Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine.
http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/21/thanks-new-zealand/

View attachment 8157

This is not going to go well for him when he doesn't finish it.
I hope they literally arrest him for crimes against nerds everywhere.

I'm actually surprised that his publisher hasn't rung his neck by now, but, if we were to believe GRRM is playing 3D chess, him waiting until the GoT series ends and Bloodmoon starts to begin to continue the series (like a tie in) would be pretty damn smart.

Latest posts