Gang Bang 5 Hints, Hauls, and Shenanigans

Help Support Talkbeer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So - people had a problem with that list? Or was there another Chicago team? I'm legitimately confused...
Ummm, this is a seriously awesome box. What I listed above would have been enough for me. Just so you guys know, some of these beers i haven't even gotten to try and I visit these breweries on the reg. I've seen a lot of gusher reports, maybe opening the boxes at the bang isn't the best idea if some of this stuff needs to be chilled longer.
I've discussed with Trady and screwyouguys separately so I don't want to beat a dead horse. As jdhende pointed out above it has gotten out of hand. We were disappointed with the overlapped distro on some beers and the beers we were excited to try ended up not tasting so great. It seems to have spiraled into something a lot bigger than that. We still had an excellent time and it was very fun. Hopefully we can just leave it at this and move on.

Duuuuuuuudes....Upstate NY seriously wrecked our asses yesterday. Our humblest gratitude goes out to those fuckers. We ALL loved everything. Personally, it was up there with the best bangs evar!~

3F Oude Guezue
Alchemist Focal Banger
Alchemist Heady Topper
Alchemist Petit Mutant
Alesmith Speedway Stout
Brasserie De Blaugies Hill Farmstead La Vermontoise
Brooklyn Black Ops
Captain Lawrence Rosso Y Marrone
Captain Lawrence Smoke from the Oak (Rum Barrel)
Captain Lawrence Smoke from the Oak Peach Brandy Bal
Cascade Apricot
Cisco Lady of the woods
Evil Twin Bourbon Bal Imperial Biscotti Break
Evil Twin Imperial Doughnut Break
Fantome Pissenlit
Fifty Fifty Eclipse Elijah Craig 12
Firestone-Walker Double DBA
Firestone-Walker Parabola
Firestone-Walker Sucuba
Firestone-Walker Sucuba
Firestone-Walker Velvet Merkin
Founder's KBS
Goose Island BCBB
Goose Island BCBS Backyard Rye
Goose Island BCBS Cherry Rye
Goose Island BCBS Coffee
Grassroots Convivial Suarez
Grassroots Song of Spring(??) (Growler)
Gueuzerie Tilquin Oude Quetsche Tilquin à L'Ancienne
He'Brew Sweet 16 Anniversary
Hill Farmstead Abner (Growler)
Hill Farmstead Arthur
Hill Farmstead Biere De Norma
Hill Farmstead Birth of Tragedy
Hill Farmstead Citra Pale Ale (Growler)
Hill Farmstead Edward (Growler)
Hill Farmstead Everett
Hill Farmstead Florence
Hill Farmstead Society and Solitude #6 (Growler)
Hill Farmstead Susan (Growler)
Hill Farmstead Twilight of the Idols
Hill Farmstead/Mikkeller Daybreak Orange Liqueur Bal Aged
Jack's Abbey Bal Aged Framinghammer
Jack's Abbey Bal Coconut Framinghammer (Growler)
Jack's Abbey Coffee Framinghammer
Jack's Abbey Vanilla Framinghammer
Midnight Sun Berserker
NEBCO Coriolis (Growler)
Night Shift Cape Codder Weisse batch 2
Night Shift Ever Weisse
Night Shift Mainer Weisse
Night Shift Renaissance
Night Shift Sommer Weisse batch 11
Pelican Mother of all Storms
Rushing Duck Ded Moroz
Surly Darkness
Treehouse Julius (Growler)
Treehouse Sap (Growler)
Trillium Fort Point Pale Ale (Growler)
Weyerbacher Riserva

Thanks again guys, ur da best!

Gene

Just happy to be here
I've discussed with Trady and screwyouguys separately so I don't want to beat a dead horse. As jdhende pointed out above it has gotten out of hand. We disappointed with the overlapped distro on some beers and the beers we were excited to try ended up not tasting so great. It seems to have spiraled into something a lot bigger than that. We still had an excellent time and it was very fun. Hopefully we can just leave it at this and move on.
Overlap or not, I live in the same state they do and I would've been ecstatic to receive those beers. Regardless, I am glad to hear that you guys had a good time, and I can personally vouch for Trady, screwyouguys and the South Jersey team - as far as the gushers and what-not, I'm sure they will make it right if you give them a fair chance, even considering the fact that there's nothing they could've done to prevent those kinds of problems.

Maybe I'm on the wrong site, but your complaining the beers you tasted were a let down? If my friend brings me a beer that some brewery made and I don't like it,I don't blame him. This is bizzare.
Jesus, OK. We aren't blaming Team South Jersey for beers not tasting great. We were extremely excited to try everything that was sent to us. Our disappoint stems from the beers not tasting good, not with Team South Jersey as a whole.

Overlap or not, I live in the same state they do and I would've been ecstatic to receive those beers. Regardless, I am glad to hear that you guys had a good time, and I can personally vouch for Trady, screwyouguys and the South Jersey team - as far as the gushers and what-not, I'm sure they will make it right if you give them a fair chance, even considering the fact that there's nothing they could've done to prevent those kinds of problems.
I know they are great guys and there is not ill will towards Team South Jersey. There never was. We were ecstatic to receive the beers we did. I really would like to move on from this and not continue anything publicly.

Jesus, OK. We aren't blaming Team South Jersey for beers not tasting great. We were extremely excited to try everything that was sent to us. Our disappoint stems from the beers not tasting good, not with Team South Jersey as a whole.
i think this is why issues should remain private, because this could of easily been avoided had messages been sent privately last night, before things got out of control, i know they were sent last night and this morning

but by then it was already in a downward spiral,

im glad you guys had a good time and were able to enjoy whatever beers we sent that you liked

I for one had a great time yesterday. Tried a lot of beers I've never had before (Kane, Forest & Main, many new Tired Hands) . Yes, there were some problems with some of the bottles exploding or not holding up well, but shit happens. That pork roll thing was awesome and thanks to Jake for making some delicious breakfast sandwiches with those. I had like 4 tasty cakes and went into a sugar coma. No glasses or jeans ripped which is always a plus. Always enjoy drinking with this group of fellas.

What time is it in NY?
1PM, unfortunately my dumbass has tickets see Book of Mormon today (piss poor scheduling on my part, I feel like a pile of shit right now). Most of the other sorry ass looking team members have come by to collect their cars and belongings at this point, I think we're all in pretty rough shape.

I'll post a full list and more pics when I got back home from this show, assuming I can make it all that way through.

Thanks North NJ for the fantastic boxes. Still recovering.

Here's the list, pretty sure I got em all:

Carton Brewing Tekus
Kane Shirts & Stickers
Pork Roll
Coffee (the kind used in kane morning bell)

Carton Brewing Boat
Nugget Nectar
Cantillon Classic Gueuze
Cantillon St. Guillois
HF Elaborative Two
HF Anna
HF Port Damon
Troegs Splinter Black
Tired Hands Handfarm
Lawsons Maple Barrel Fayston Maple Imperial
Lawsons Fayston Maple Imperial
Almanac Farmers Reserves 1 - 4
Grey Monday
Smoke from the Oak (wine, apple brandy, rum)
Kane Morning Bell
Kane BB Morning Bell
Allagash Gargamel
Captain Lawrence Rosso E Marrone
Kane Drift Wood
Kane Silent Nights
Weyerbacher Rapture
Southampton IRS
Lawsons Maple Nipple
Logsdon Seoizen Bretta
NEBCO BB IST
Allagash Midnight Brett
Captain Lawrence BA Nor Easter
NODA Tart Attack
Chocolate Rain
Kane Apiary
Kane Apiary Brett
Evil Twin Justin Blaeber
Black Ops
Kane Night to end all Dawns
Two Roads Igor's Dream

My personal faves were the Handfarm, almanac series and grey monday.

[edit: added two beers]

Let me expand on the many positives.
  1. I got to try a TON of tasty things I would never have the chance to. FarmHand? amazing. Probably my fave of the night. That lime TH IPA w/lacto was pretty awesome as well (I actually thought it was a berliner at first...lol @ my kindergarten palate). Would destroy that all Summer if I could. Really liked the Kane stuff as well. Can't list it all cuz space.
  2. TB SNIFFY!!! So cool you guys sent one and happy we could give it to iadler. He deserves it for putting up with our drunk shenanigans not once, but twice.
  3. Awesome glassware. No clue on what I ended up with...hopefully dat can glass!
  4. Pork roll sandys were f*cking delicious. Enhanced by wrapping in condom. Would eat for so much breakfast.
  5. Got together with some awesome doods and drank stuff.
^^^ The last bullet-point is the most important for me to remember going forward. I probably lost sight of the purpose of this BIF at some point last night, and that is NOT me. I try to be the antithesis of that mindset, but I let stupid, petty shit get to me and took it out here. For that I apologize.

NOTHING BUT FUN GOING FORWARD. SRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts