Garden Path Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoked. Hope they're as productive as wolverine sheeple.

I already bought my membership and have started a list of quippy complaints comparing them to J Wakefield. Looking forward to the spite likes.

Last edited:
Let's hope they dial in the beer first. I can only assume it will be their main focus.

Looking up Varietal Beer Co...

Let's hope they dial in the beer first. I can only assume it will be their main focus.

Looking up Varietal Beer Co...

Former Snipes Mountain and Bale Breaker guys setting up in Sunnyside. The original plan was called Floating Barn, but they had to change things up a bit.

They had a mobile coolship they were taking around the Yakima/Tieton area a couple summers ago playing around with test batches.

Mx6saKT.gif

Interesting that they haven't locked down a location yet and might have to do some contract brewing for the time being. Skagit Valley is a perfect location for an actual farhmouse brewery, I've probably said that a million times to my wife while we're in Bow-Edison. I hope the full plan is able to come to fruition sooner than later. Also interesting that our liquor laws where a big factor in them leaving Texas. Guessing that's a big reason the other former-JK people are setting up shop in Seattle.

Interesting that they haven't locked down a location yet and might have to do some contract brewing for the time being. Skagit Valley is a perfect location for an actual farhmouse brewery, I've probably said that a million times to my wife while we're in Bow-Edison. I hope the full plan is able to come to fruition sooner than later. Also interesting that our liquor laws where a big factor in them leaving Texas. Guessing that's a big reason the other former-JK people are setting up shop in Seattle.
Sorry, Washington laws are as stupid as oregon laws. At least they are changing a bit here, re baerlic.
At least on the consumer side. The brew and distribution side, Oregon and Washington have some good laws... especially when compared to texas... but jk sued for some good change there too.

Bow-Edison
I would fully support a brew house/taproom here. Although I'm not sure how the locals would feel about a neckbeard invasion...

Guessing that's a big reason the other former-JK people are setting up shop in Seattle.
Those guys are reaching big time. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up elsewhere. 6,000 SF of brewing space in the areas they are searching are practically non-existent and at the very least cost prohibitive.

You talking about Fair Isle? They are looking to open up within the city limits, right?
"Fair Isle Brewing has not yet found a home in Seattle, which is more challenging than some might imagine. They’re looking for 6,000+ square feet of suitable real estate. According to the company’s website, the plan is to find a spot in the Ballard, Fremont, or Queen Anne area."

I was under the impression that federal licensing wouldn't allow this sort of thing. Do they have some way that they're actually structuring it as multiple, separately licensed producers?

I was under the impression that federal licensing wouldn't allow this sort of thing. Do they have some way that they're actually structuring it as multiple, separately licensed producers?
I was wondering the same thing.

I can't remember the specifics but I believe that strides were made in that regard by Fremont's owner and others a few years back. It's why Seattle Cider Co and Two Beers operate a combined facility.

I can't think of any other combinations like that though and I imagine wine and spirits are a completely different ballgame.

Laht Neppur over in Waitsburg makes wine and beer, but they can only make one at a time according to WA law. As long as it's not happening at the same time GF should be ok.

I still think they're biting off more than they can chew, though.

Another update, albeit an underwhelming one: https://gardenpathfermentation.com/2017/09/11/our-journey-down-the-garden-path-part-ii/

TL;DR version: still no location locked down...

It sounds like that was written in the spring, and is part two of a four-part series that was published this fall.

They posted a picture of them signing some paperwork on Instagram last week, figured maybe they'd found a spot.

So I'd guess that the Instagram post is much more current.

Hi All,

Part II was written and published in May. Part III was written a few weeks ago and is available to read now in the Fall "Sci-Fi" issue of CRAFT by Under My Host. We'll republish it on our site when Part IV comes out.

The Instagram photo was taken more recently. Keep an eye on our website and social media for additional details.

Cheers,
Ron

oqkeKWxM66PBkgzc3tk3C8c9-T5V1McTPNhKq_Gj246fBhw_YuowHsEdioGcVPx5XWyqImbMk7DJOmlW_Kb5Lm5xv8LAdFM1B6irbEZMGy8XReOI6skMDtqKhg0=s0-d-e1-ft

GardenPathWA.com

Back