goin to detroit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonetheycalljosh

Reaction score
have a business trip in detroit next week, what are some local recommendations? schramms is about the only thing on the list so far, and maybe jolly pumpkin. any input on bottle shops and bars appreciated

Detroit and the surrounding areas are pretty big. Are you going to be in the city or the suburbs?

If you're in the city I highly recommend Jolly Pumpkin for beers and Great Lakes Coffee for well, coffee. If it's, open Eight Degrees Plato is a good bottle shop. Green Dot stables in Corktown is always a solid spot for food. All sliders and sides and nothing on the menu is more than $3.

If you're in the northeast burbs you've got Kuhnhenn in Warren, Schramm's/B Nektar/Cellarmans in Ferndale and Griffin Claw in Birmingham. For bottles you'll want to go to Holiday Market(pro tip: their prepared food is also delicious) or Champagnes.

That about cover it fellow Detroiters?

I love public houses food and usually nice taps....Thai food literally right next to schramms best pad Thai hands down. One eyed bettys? Great taps, food, bourbon. All that is walking distance in ferndale. 8 degrees Plato is right there too.

Detroit and the surrounding areas are pretty big. Are you going to be in the city or the suburbs?

If you're in the city I highly recommend Jolly Pumpkin for beers and Great Lakes Coffee for well, coffee. If it's, open Eight Degrees Plato is a good bottle shop. Green Dot stables in Corktown is always a solid spot for food. All sliders and sides and nothing on the menu is more than $3.

If you're in the northeast burbs you've got Kuhnhenn in Warren, Schramm's/B Nektar/Cellarmans in Ferndale and Griffin Claw in Birmingham. For bottles you'll want to go to Holiday Market(pro tip: their prepared food is also delicious) or Champagnes.

That about cover it fellow Detroiters?
+1 for cellarmans. Loved it. Great, unique, funky vibe that I like! Could sit there all day and drink.

Back