Gosh Darn Winter Solstice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steimie

Premium Athletic Supporter
Reaction score
  1. Here's the list as it stands now (6 beers and 6 meads for package release).
    -4th Dementia Olde Ale
    -Bourbon Barrel 4D
    -Forbidden
    -Cherry Oude Bruin
    -Raw Michigan (a Barleywine brewed with 100% MI malt)
    -Michigan Mud

-A Taste of Peach Icewine
    -Rye Barrel French Toast Mead
    -Vanilla Gorillabilly
    -Cinnamonster-Redneck Frankenstein
    -Mint Julep
    -Manhattan Project

There may be a few more surprises as well, but I won't say for sure right now.

I know the biggest concern is the lack of BBBW on the list. We recently tasted it and feel that it will probably not be to our standards by Solstice. Our tentative plan is to hold a January release...We will hold a bottle release and Burns Supper (in honor of Scottish poet Robert Burns) on Jan 25 - releasing both Bourbon Barrel Barleywine and A Few Shillings Too Many. (More details to come on this event in the coming weeks...)

MORE SOLSTICE INFO TO COME PERIODICALLY.
Posted by the Kuhnhenn guy on BA

Update per Facebook earlier today:

TENTATIVE BOTTLE LIST...

BEER:
Forbidden IPA - double IPA brewed with black rice
4th Dementia Olde Ale
Bourbon Barrel 4D (2013)
Bourbon Barrel 4D (2012)
Cherry Oude Bruin - sour brown ale brewed with MI cherries
Bourbon Barrel Barleywine (2013)
Raw Michigan Barleywine - brewed with MI raw wheat and barley
Duvil in Miss Jones (2011 vintage)
Solar Eclipse (2010 vintage)

MEAD:
A Taste of Peach Icewine
Rye Barrel French Toast
Vanilla Gorillabilly
Cinnamonster Redneck-Frankenstein
Mint Juelp
Manhattan Project

Exact allocations TBD

****ing bbbw. I'm gonna be so broke and drunk.
Pretty much this. My tentative plan, depending on what allocations are, is to go early enough to hopefully assure getting BBBW, put my order in, come home and nap, then go back and grab my bottles and start partying.

It was nice last year that folks could put their orders in and then leave and come back later to grab bottles and have some beers.

tumblr_mc9bnjrZIw1qam5vs.gif

I will officially hire myself out as a mule to this event. Inquire within.

Chicago need not apply (unless you have BCS Proprietors)

Coming in on Friday, going to have a couple beers with jdhende at Kuhnhenn, but we might be looking to open a few bottles at our hotel as well (the Motel 6 just down the road). Contact either of us if you're interested in opening a few bottles the night before!

Last night after finally getting home from 4Elf after the line camp, snow, lack of sleep, getting hammered, and then a terribly sketchy ride back to snow-covered Detroit:

lLRxgqs.jpg

This morning after 12 hours of sleep and delicious real food breakfast and realizing Solstice is this Saturday:

RmQB0i6.gif

Updated from BA Thread:

BEER (all 12-oz bottles)
2010 Solar Eclipse - $10 - Limit 2
2011 Duvil in Miss Jones - $8 - Limit 4
2012 Bourbon Barrel 4D - $8 - Limit 3
2013 Bourbon Barrel 4D - $7 - Limit 6
Bourbon Barrel Barleywine - $7 - Limit 2
Forbidden IPA - $6 - Limit 6
Raw Michigan Barleywine - $6 - Limit 3
Cherry Oud Bruin - $6 - Limit 6
4th Dementia Olde Ale - $6 - Limit 12
MEAD (all 375 ml bottles)
A Taste of Peach Icewine - $22 - Limit 1
Rye Barrel French Toast - $20 - Limit 2
Vanilla Gorillabilly $20 - Limit 2
Cinnamonster Redneck Frankenstein - $20 - Limit 1
Mint Julep - $20 - Limit 1
Manhattan Project - $20 - Limit 1

ALSO, you can order the "Full Limit" packages and get extra goodies for no additional price; there will be a separate spot on the order form for this. (tax is included in this pricing)
Full Limit Beer (44 bottles and 2 pint glasses) $315
Full Limit Mead (11 bottles and 1 goblet) $235
Totally Full Limit Beer and Mead Combo (44 btls beer, 11 btls mead, 2 pints, 1 goblet, 6 coasters) $550

Pretty clever of them to do the Package orders with bonus swag, will probably get a lot of people to bite on that.

Fair point, maybe not the big boy, but at least the full beer package or full mead package. I imagine a lot of people that make the trip from far away load up on pretty much everything anyway. I'll be skipping out on a bunch of stuff while my wallet recovers from 4Elf, myself.

Sounds good but I am mostly excite for Michigan Mud, so damn good last year. Bummer no bottles, hopefully soon.

Have never once referred to myself as a FIB, actually. Also, spent way too much at Jackie O's for that ****.

Also, when are you coming into town bb? want 2 meet up? <3

Bauermj and I will probably roll into town late Friday. Of course I want to meet up and get shitfaced. How bad is the line for solstice usually? Can we share **** in line at this as well?

Bauermj and I will probably roll into town late Friday. Of course I want to meet up and get shitfaced. How bad is the line for solstice usually? Can we share **** in line at this as well?
I don't know, but I'm planning on doing most of my drinking on Friday so that I can head back to Chicago on Saturday.

Line is not bad, in part because there is no bottle sharing allowed on their property. :( However they will have a ton of awesome stuff on tap Friday too.

Last edited:

Post from ba regarding bottle share...

To reiterate earlier posts/questions: the is NO bottle sharing allowed on Kuhnhenn property, this includes in line, in the parking lot or in your vehicles. We have security on hand and the local cops like to make appearances. We don't do it to be jerks, but we have to protect our license so we can continue to do these cool events and make great beer. Any open alcoholic beverages will be confiscated as required by law; any sealed alcoholic beverages must be returned to your vehicle upon request of our staff. Thank you for working with us on this.

Limit on Manhattan Project is 4 per the update on the BA thread. I'm eyeing $200 in mead and that's probably a bad idea

Back