Great Raft brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MChand2

Reaction score
I know these guys are new, but Andrew and Harvey are about to put shreveport on the craft beer map!! Andrew just acquired 20-20 yr old pappy van winkle barrels. No telling what these guys have up their sleeves to put in the best bourbon barrels available( almost except 23y PVW barrels)

Grace and Grit Double IPA Release – Same Beer, New Name
By Andrew Nations - June 23, 2014

Whether we like it or not, naming beers is a real pain in the ass. We always aim for something unique, relevant – and most importantly – not already registered. The first time we release our DIPA was for the WYES Beer Festival in New Orleans back in June of 2013. We had just brewed the beer several weeks before and were eager to share with the folks in South Louisiana. At the last minute we settled on the name “Ermahgerd Hops,” as a reference to one of our favorite internet memes.

We never really had plans to brew this beer on our production system, as the ingredients are hard for a new brewery to procure. Our DIPA uses a large amount of high alpha acid hop superstars Citra and Amarillo. Thanks to some good friends in the brewing community, we finally got enough of these scarce hops to brew a production batch of our Double IPA.Now that the DIPA is back, and on a production scale, we have given it a new name that better fits into Great Raft’s portfolio.

We are re-releasing this beer under the new name “Grace and Grit.” This name really describes what we were looking to achieve in the beer. This is an assertive Double IPA that reflects a contrast of ingredients. Staggering aromas of citrus and grapefruit are refined by a malt-balanced backbone in this bold expression of opposites. Grace and Grit showcases generous amounts of American hops and subtle restraint in a delightfully drinkable brew.

Be the first to try it on draft at Rotolo’s in Shreveport on Wednesday, June 25th at 5PM. Bottles and draft of Grace and Grit will be available at the Great Raft Brewing tasting room starting Thursday, June 26th. Bottles will be made available to retailers the week of June 30th. There are a lot more bottles of Grace and Grit than there were of All My Tomorrows. When you get your hands on a bottle, please keep in mind that this is a hoppy beer that is meant to be enjoyed fresh. So don’t hang onto this one for too long. In the tasting room, limit 4 per person. Price $12 each.

See y’all soon!

I unfortunately missed the release due to not being able to get off of work. I heard it was worth the trip up there (I'm in Baton Rouge). Did they sell out quickly?

Not sure! I wouldn't be surprised if they sold out, with the sheer number of people that showed up

2017 BAOMJ and BAOMJ Vietnamese Cinnamon/Coffee is in the house.

Blend includes 18 mth old pappy barrel stuff mixed with 6 mth from either heavens hill or buffalo trace.

These guys are legit. But you probably already knew that.

This is by far the best beer in Louisiana right now. Cracking a "Creature of Habit" now. Very excited to bring the "Provisions & Traditions" back to Portland to have at a bottleshare this Friday.

Heading down south in about a month. Looking forward to some great raft. Along with some other spots (American Solera, Ozark brewing, parish- just to name a couple)

Was down there at the beginning of this month for a wedding. The couple rented out Great Raft for the ceremony and festivities. First time at the brewery and man was it a blast. I would go back in a heartbeat if it wasn't a 4.5 hour drive

Back