Quantcast

US - South Greater New Orleans Visitor's Guide

Help Support Talkbeer:

Anybody that lives in NOLA want to potentially grab a couple bottles of house of the rising for me?
Is anybody going for tonight's release of Piety?

I will be driving through the area Monday, but I doubt they'll have any House of the Rising left after tonight... Please PM me if you're so kind.

Last edited:
Anybody that lives in NOLA want to potentially grab a couple bottles of house of the rising for me?
Is anybody going for tonight's release of Piety?

I will be driving through the area Monday, but I doubt they'll have any House of the Rising left after tonight... Please PM me if you're so kind.
House of the Rising has been on store shelves, probably still is by my house. I can check. I'm not planning on heading to the brewery tonight, but it was released there a few weeks back.

House of the Rising has been on store shelves, probably still is by my house. I can check. I'm not planning on heading to the brewery tonight, but it was released there a few weeks back.
Okay so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find when I'm around. Thanks!

Just got back from your fine city, our AirBnB was directly across the street from Avenue Pub and I wouldn't be to surprised if I drank my weight in Parish Envie, so, so, so damn good...

Will be landing in NO Tuesday night. Driving to Baton Rouge and staying there that night. Then quick shot to Gulfport and then back to NO for the night on Wednesday. Fly out Thursday afternoon.

I know I am gonna touch tips with kuemmelbrau again. Just testing the waters for who else is around.

Will be in town Friday morning to Tuesday morning for Jazz Fest. Got an Airbnb in Bywater. Unfortunately, most of our (planned) late nights are in the Quarter or on Frenchman so don't think Ill be spending much time Uptown other than Monday.

It's been a few years...anything I should be on the look out for other than Envie apparently? Any craft at the fairgrounds these days?

Hitting up Avenue Pub for mornings beers either Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday, for a nice break after some mornings runs and avoid wedding shenanigans. Also, staying super close to Courtyard, if anyone is down for tip touching.

Hitting up Avenue Pub for mornings beers either Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday, for a nice break after some mornings runs and avoid wedding shenanigans. Also, staying super close to Courtyard, if anyone is down for tip touching.
You got my number. As I said, going to Parish for the new IPA probably early Saturday. There's a chance I may continue onward to Austin/Jester King, hashing that out now. Hit me up Friday, down to touch tips.

So the girlfriend and I are traveling here right before Thanksgiving. I've wanted to go to New Orleans for awhile, and I was hoping to go around Halloween, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. I saw the initial posts, and will be planning the trip more as it gets closer, but we definitely want to hit up some breweries, some music (Preservation Hall, or is that a tourist trap?) see the Interview with the Vampire house, architectural/historical tour, def southern food, see some swampy shit.

What's some cool weird stuff to see? Is there a New Orleans drink like there are regional drinks in Chicago (frozen Negroni, Malort), any local coffee roasters, record stores worth checking out? Again I'm with the GF, so I can't go crazy.

Has anyone gone to Le bon Temps Roule? Is it worth going or is it just a shit hole?

So the girlfriend and I are traveling here right before Thanksgiving. I've wanted to go to New Orleans for awhile, and I was hoping to go around Halloween, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. I saw the initial posts, and will be planning the trip more as it gets closer, but we definitely want to hit up some breweries, some music (Preservation Hall, or is that a tourist trap?) see the Interview with the Vampire house, architectural/historical tour, def southern food, see some swampy shit.

What's some cool weird stuff to see? Is there a New Orleans drink like there are regional drinks in Chicago (frozen Negroni, Malort), any local coffee roasters, record stores worth checking out? Again I'm with the GF, so I can't go crazy.

Has anyone gone to Le bon Temps Roule? Is it worth going or is it just a shit hole?
I had Frozen Irish Coffee, shit loads of hurricanes and other blended drinks serve quickie mart style. Favorite was Disco Lemonade at Rusty Nail. Not sure what it was but I loved it.

Visit Courtyard Brewery. Small little spot with great in house beers and good local gues taps. Friendly people and cool area of New Orleans.

Eat at Cotogna

The drink of choice is the cocktail or daiquiris. We invented a lot of them at old-ass fancy bars. (Sazeracs, gin fizz, hurricane, pimms cup) Pres hall is okay, but it is quite a bit touristy. My vote would be snug harbor on frenchman if you want jazz. We also have a bunch of small coffee roasters... Ask yourself if you want chicory or not before you come. Euclid records is cool and downtown, domino records is 10 min from downtown. Bon temps is cool for music, but I would skip it as a bar. Check out a brass band. The Maple leaf is the same story as Bon temps.

I would also say to skip courtyard and go to the ave pub. They are close to each other, and ave kicks courtyards ass in both beer offered and strength of ownership. The courtyard owner is quite the sterotypical California douche bag. But I'm sure he would love to tell you all about how MA and LA beer (and every other beer) is so sub par compared to in caliiiii broooo.

Latest posts