Hard Cider

Help Support Talkbeer:

Suggestions for Rev Nat's stuff that trades for shelf or brewery only stuff? I prefer off-dry, but enjoy funky ciders as well.
all of their stuff is pretty accessible via the taproom and they occasionally have leftover bottles of their Tent Club one-off stuff available, I think I paid $28-32ish for a bottle of Bootylicious a while back. can't imagine going over $4$ with cider unless someone is really married to their Tent Club stuff, although the bottle counts are super low (under 200 for everything I believe)

all of their stuff is pretty accessible via the taproom and they occasionally have leftover bottles of their Tent Club one-off stuff available, I think I paid $28-32ish for a bottle of Bootylicious a while back. can't imagine going over $4$ with cider unless someone is really married to their Tent Club stuff, although the bottle counts are super low (under 200 for everything I believe)
Any specific ones you really dig?

these were my favorite Tent Show club bottles:

Bootylicious
Dominican Rum Barrel Aged Double Tepache with Toasted Coconut & Banana
April, 38 cases produced

Deliverance Gin & Tonic
Ransom Gin Barrel Aged Imperial Cider with Ginger, Quinine, Lime, Lemongrass, Juniper Berries & Cucumbers
May, 46 cases produced

Whiskey Sour
This starts as our most popular single variety cider, Revelation Newtown Pippin, a 6.9% ABV dry cider made from the popular American heirloom apple. We took this cider, and aged it for 1 year in innoculated Bourbon barrels which once held the Beermongers’ Birthday Blend cider. One barrel is an Elijah Craig 12 year, the other an Elijah Craig 25 year with Baudoinia (commonly used to age Goose Island Bourbon County Stout). After tasting, we noticed pronounced citrus and whiskey notes, so we took it in the direction of the flavor of a whiskey sour cocktail. We then infused the finish blend with Makrut lime leaves and the zest of Meyer lemons. The final product is pleasantly sour and citrusy, heavy on the oak and whiskey without astringent, acetone-y flavor. A true fruit sour of the cider world.
35 cases produced, release date October 25th, 2015.

they also made some different barrel-aged ciders for Beermongers (local bottle shop) they are still available from time to time. I think I grabbed two for BusinessSloth a year or two ago that I liked.

I also went to their hopped cider fest two years ago and they had some amazing single-hop perrys on tap; Citra, Mosaic, Nelson, and Galaxy if I remember correctly. fucking out of this world, and I've never seen them again. my friend quit there at the end of last year, so I don't think I'll have any extra leverage for getting them to make them again anytime soon.

these were my favorite Tent Show club bottles:

Bootylicious
Dominican Rum Barrel Aged Double Tepache with Toasted Coconut & Banana
April, 38 cases produced

they also made some different barrel-aged ciders for Beermongers (local bottle shop) they are still available from time to time. I think I grabbed two for BusinessSloth a year or two ago that I liked.

Compton25

Last edited:
Had this at a very nice French restaurant. The served it in a ceramic coffee cup at first. I had to request a wine stem:

Is it normal to drink cider out of a ceramic coffee cup?
It's common in the U.K. But not sure about France. Comes from wassail mugs traditionally used and when boozy cider was served warm.

I just learned that Tumalo Tangerine Coconut Cider is a thing. Is this bottled? Or is my only option to find somebody who can get it crowlered/growlered?

Just signed up for Rev Nat's Tent Show...stoked. Had an amazing first time at the cidery last month and went back twice more. Came back with some tepache...used half to blend with berliner weisse and the other half got mixed in cocktails. Glorious stuff.

Just signed up for Rev Nat's Tent Show...stoked. Had an amazing first time at the cidery last month and went back twice more. Came back with some tepache...used half to blend with berliner weisse and the other half got mixed in cocktails. Glorious stuff.
Ditto. Maxed out on ghost pepper and mango one. Excited for this.

Really on the fence here. Have heard great things about RN.
But also enjoy the fact that I can get absolute world class Basque and Asturian ciders right off the shelf here for $7 or $8 a bottle, plus have Tilted Shed (best in the country I reckon) in my back yard for $10-$20.
That RN stuff is like Modern Times prices and then postage too?
Up on this fence....

Really on the fence here. Have heard great things about RN.
But also enjoy the fact that I can get absolute world class Basque and Asturian ciders right off the shelf here for $7 or $8 a bottle, plus have Tilted Shed (best in the country I reckon) in my back yard for $10-$20.
That RN stuff is like Modern Times prices and then postage too?
Up on this fence....
they occasionally have extra Tent Show bottles available for sale in the taproom, but not guaranteed based on batch size and allotments. definitely not cheap, though.

one of the best things I've ever had is Tepache Mimosa made by the buyer at Tin Bucket for their anniversary party while he was still at Rev Nat's. corny keg half-filled with Tepache, the other half is cheap champagne, then add a dry hop bag with a pound of something like Citra, Nelson, Simcoe, Galaxy, etc.

you're welcome.

one of the best things I've ever had is Tepache Mimosa made by the buyer at Tin Bucket for their anniversary party while he was still at Rev Nat's. corny keg half-filled with Tepache, the other half is cheap champagne, then add a dry hop bag with a pound of something like Citra, Nelson, Simcoe, Galaxy, etc.

you're welcome.
Why not just do 1/2 tepache and 1/2 broken truck?

Amateur hour...