Hill Farmstead Saison

Help Support Talkbeer:

While I'm at it, I've got two more questions...
  • You guys are mostly leavings this on the yeast in primary for the extent of aging?
  • Anyone kegging these? Any major differences, assuming natural conditioning in the keg?
My three attempts at a HF style tart saison have not seen extended aging. My latest attempt will be aged the longest as I couldn't get it bottled before our family started our moving process. My goal is to bottle as soon as we get a new place but could be another month and a half or so. If you're worried about it sitting on the primary yeast purge a vessel and transfer (under pressure ideally) and there should be enough microbes still in suspension to handle the rest. Just my random thoughts on it.

While I'm at it, I've got two more questions...
  • You guys are mostly leavings this on the yeast in primary for the extent of aging?
  • Anyone kegging these? Any major differences, assuming natural conditioning in the keg?
Left my first attempt on the yeast for about 5 months with seemingly no ill affect. Developed some isovaleric in the bottle that took some time to clear up however. The rest of my attempts were along a similar time frame but all transferred to kegs after primary and ended slightly cleaner. Could be a non factor but just what I noticed!

Latest posts