US - New England Hill Farmstead thread

Talk Beer Forum

Help Support Talk Beer Forum:

Convivial should be just about properly bottle conditioned by now, and with Sankt apparently sold out, would make sense to see it on the shelf.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good point maybe i'm going to hill farmstead on saturday, fuck. only bought two bottles of b1, worst beer choice i've ever made

I love that about HF saisons. So bright and fruity to start, and then after 6-9 months or so they all narrow to a similar, very tart, profile that hangs onto a bit of the original flavors.

Hmmm... Shaun hinted at some bottles hitting the shelves today but nothing updated on the website. How likely is it that the bottles would be CD7 or Port Damon?
I'm 100% positive those are not the beers he would put out today.

Convivial was offered as a tasting consolation when Everett ran out at the tasting station as they were closing up Saturday so I assume those bottles are ready.

Convivial should be just about properly bottle conditioned by now, and with Sankt apparently sold out, would make sense to see it on the shelf.

Yep.
My bets -

Everett (has been on tap for 2 weeks, bottle conditioning takes 3 so it's coming up soon)
Convivial (brewed just about 2 months ago, 3 week ferm, 3 week carb)
Elaborative 2 (IDK, just a guess it's coming up)

CD7 I've heard nothing about this from anyone other than it was going to be CD6 and became 7. No idea on if it will come out or when.

Port Damon "not ready" about 6 weeks ago don't know if that means it's been bottled or not or if it's still in barrels.

I don't think we'll see a large amount of Flora Satsuma hit unless it's like shaun did before where 12 or so older random release beers would just be on the shelf at opening and go pretty fast. He did this with old CD bottles and Damon earlier in 2013.

I imagine we'll see Anna and Arthur hitting end of November...I can only hope he keeps some back of each of those beers for an Ann+Art release in Fall of '14.

before anyone asks, I have no clue what the bottle counts were for the last release beers. I got a lot of private mails asking me this and I have no clue.

I heard from 2 people Sankt Hans sold out Saturday. A ton of Arctic Saison was brewed + saw huge distro so I'm guessing that'll be around for a while. Hunger Mountain Co-Op had a 6 foot tall pile of it and I've bought quite a few bottles. Very good beer.

===

I'm going up today to get some growlers filled. Maybe something like everett will be on the shelf which would be nice on this cool fall day to enjoy one tonight.

they could have just showed up at 8:30 or later like they stipulated.

the several that were there around 6 am didn't really sit well.

If there were a few cars rolling in at 8:25, it wouldn't have been a big deal, it was the ones that were lined up around the corner at 6 and the constant onslaught for the next 2.5 hours that really irked them, I think.

the problem is that he's in the middle of fucking nowhere. if you want to get there at 8:30 but end up getting there at 8:15, are you going to drive 20 minutes each way to go somewhere to get a coffee? this was totally unworkable, and he definitely realizes that.

Other distinct possibilities would be Everett (this is my guess, maybe plus a shelf turd saison) and or Satsuma Flora (unless it was established that the Satsuma Flora is gone, but IIRC folks thought there was about 1000 bottles and <400 have gone out of the brewery).

satsuma flora is supposed to be on the shelves today. i asked on friday.

I love that about HF saisons. So bright and fruity to start, and then after 6-9 months or so they all narrow to a similar, very tart, profile that hangs onto a bit of the original flavors.
Down to my last bottle as well and reluctant to open it. So damn tart now

Opened my first immediately after purchase in Feb, was very good, classic HF saison profile, hibiscus was notable, very good. Opened second in August, needed to change pants. Would have given it a perfect taste and nose if I had reviewed. Best saison I've ever had. Perhaps this was an overreaction or bottle just aged particularly well, but holy crap it was amazing. I've had similarly aged Arthur and Florence and I mean, they were good, but they weren't that.

Still never had Art, Flora, or Ann though.

Opened my first immediately after purchase in Feb, was very good, classic HF saison profile, hibiscus was notable, very good. Opened second in August, needed to change pants. Would have given it a perfect taste and nose if I had reviewed. Best saison I've ever had. Perhaps this was an overreaction or bottle just aged particularly well, but holy crap it was amazing. I've had similarly aged Arthur and Florence and I mean, they were good, but they weren't that.

Still never had Art, Flora, or Ann though.

All this HF talk makes me wish someone would trade me some bottles :D. I need to open my last Arthur from the 3rd Anni release....my bottle a month ago was absolutely fantastic.

All this HF talk makes me wish someone would trade me some bottles :D. I need to open my last Arthur from the 3rd Anni release....my bottle a month ago was absolutely fantastic.

I'm sitting on an Arthur from February and desperately hope I make it back up there when it's on the shelf before I lose self-control and open it.

I feel like I should have picked up a lot more Arctic Saison when we were out there for FoFA. So easy to get and so delicious. Sad that I only have one of those left, each one was getting better and better.