US - Pacific Horus Aged Ales - The Convocation Club

Help Support Talkbeer:

Pineberry is a white strawberry cultivar with a pineapple-like flavor, white coloring, and red seeds

Pineberries come from breeding strawberry stocks from Chile and Virginia.[2] The first commercial cultivation occurred in 2010 in the Netherlands and Belgium.[2][3]

A pineberry is smaller than a common strawberry, measuring between 15 to 23 mm (0.6 to 0.9 in). When ripe, it is almost completely white, but with red "seeds" (achenes). The plant is disease resistant, but is highly priced, although not very profitable due to small-scale farming, small berry size and low yield.[2][3] Pineberries are available in the spring and summer.
I've got them in my garden. They have an incredibly soft texture and almost look unripe. They do taste a bit like pineapple.

what was released today?
Horus "Goshawk's Territory"

"Goshawk's Territory" is a big 13.6% imperial stout. It has two varieties of three different adjuncts. So, six adjuncts in all. This stout is aged on Butte and Peerless almonds, Ghanaian and Peruvian cacao nibs, & Brazilian and Guatemalan coffee beans.
This stout was also boiled for over five hours to achieve a very thick, viscous base for these adjuncts. The result is a stout with a big chocolate aroma, with both milk and dark chocolate throughout. It finishes with almonds, marshmallow, cocoa, distinct sweetness, and light to medium roast from the coffees.

This beer is packaged in 650 ml bottles. The original artwork was done by the talented Spring Whitaker.

$25/ea... $29.14 w/EB fees and taxes.

Somehow hit for the Goshawk’s drop, but need help retrieving bevs. I got my dates messed up and have guests over that weekend. Eventbrite’s system lets you edit the name on the order. If anyone else is going I can provide ty beers and a label, or I’ll be in LA the week after and could meet up if you’re out that way!

Somehow hit for the Goshawk’s drop, but need help retrieving bevs. I got my dates messed up and have guests over that weekend. Eventbrite’s system lets you edit the name on the order. If anyone else is going I can provide ty beers and a label, or I’ll be in LA the week after and could meet up if you’re out that way!
In North SD but already doing pickup, would just need a label. Hit me up if you still need someone.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
first beer sounded a bit to strange for me, but if it’s anything like this guy... it’s going to be a good time

damn this is good, right up my alley!

i need to get a horus glass!

I got a can of Osprey's Fresh Catch (Season Two) yesterday. Says it was made in Wisconsin but the "brewery" is just a barrel house in California. What's up with that?

edit: Found my answer...

Some gypsying going down in Waunakee, Wisconsin today...due to the constant requests for clean beer, I will be brewing a few 50 BBL batches this year. First up is “Osprey’s Fresh Catch IPA,” which will hit markets in California, Wisconsin, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Washington DC, Boston, and New York City!

shit public release for the next one happened this morning at 10am

2nd most expensive non ba stout :eek:
Wait there is a more expensive non BA stout!!??? I like the few beers I've had. Wish he had a taproom/more time for slinging releases out since the warehouse is so close to me.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
Wait there is a more expensive non BA stout!!??? I like the few beers I've had. Wish he had a taproom/more time for slinging releases out since the warehouse is so close to me.
yea i think MD is a tad more expensive, but i’ve only heard other mention it, i havnt looked into it myself.

yea i think MD is a tad more expensive, but i’ve only heard other mention it, i havnt looked into it myself.
Wow, for some reason that passed my mind because I guess I expected it to BA. I am sure your right. Any idea on why his releases are so narrow? I have yet to ask him myself.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
Wow, for some reason that passed my mind because I guess I expected it to BA. I am sure your right. Any idea on why his releases are so narrow? I have yet to ask him myself.
narrow, how do you mean? limited? well i know hes a 1 man show, and a lot of the releases go to his club first. theres a really good pod cast where he goes into detail at the full pint, its worth a listen if your interested in Horus

https://thefullpint.com/podcast/podcast-ep-101-goshawks-cast-kyle-harrop-of-horus-aged-ales/

Latest posts