US - Pacific Horus Aged Ales - The Convocation Club

Help Support Talkbeer:

Of the 4 stouts Kyle put out, the three I have had have all been great. Mouthfeel, flavor, and aroma. Wanna try a barrel aged version.
I'm scared of the pricetag that his BA stouts would demand. Sure, I will likely buy 1 to try it out...but if he continues to use those ingredients (which I have little reason to believe he would ever skimp on that part) then it will be a hefty price.

On the + side, I doubt it would ever reach $100/bottle ADWTD levels....at least I can hope not.

Of the 4 stouts Kyle put out, the three I have had have all been great. Mouthfeel, flavor, and aroma. Wanna try a barrel aged version.
I'm guessing the one you didn't have was beans? Shit was absolute trash and nothing like the Grasp I had. Thin, harsh flavors, no vanilla basically all coffee and it was that bitter overroasted coffee flavor to boot. Everyone at the share was blown away how bad it was compared to Grasp.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
I'm guessing the one you didn't have was beans? Shit was absolute trash and nothing like the Grasp I had. Thin, harsh flavors, no vanilla basically all coffee and it was that bitter overroasted coffee flavor to boot. Everyone at the share was blown away how bad it was compared to Grasp.
crazy the bottle i had was the opposite, smooth and full of vanilla, i guess there bottle variation?

it was my least favorite of the last 4 tho but not by a lot

edit: well never mind looks like i liked it more than territory

crazy the bottle i had was the opposite, smooth and full of vanilla, i guess there bottle variation?

I heard there was indeed bottle variation, which is a shame for a beer so expensive. I was so confused because the Grasp we had was great.

I liked Grasp the most so far. Thickest and I don't like hazelnuts, but in this beer, it was great. The beans was the next best, for me. The BA of the coffee bean really worked well. The territory was good but third best. Looking forward to Proper Dose.

Does anyone have a cliff notes on this release? Looking at DDB Twitter it looks like it got cancelled?
dontdrinkbeer
They announce that the release will be $100 for a 375. People collectively lose their shit, all the posts about it get deleted on all social media accounts. Then they make a post saying ADWTD day is cancelled, and delete that shortly after. Radio silence since.

Yup

No triple oak, cancelled either due to or correlative with butthurt people complaining about the price
: facepalm : Haven't we been speculating how long it will take breweries to combat secondary values and charge accordingly? First one to try gets cold feet less than a few hours after posting release details.

: facepalm : Haven't we been speculating how long it will take breweries to combat secondary values and charge accordingly? First one to try gets cold feet less than a few hours after posting release details.
They're definitely not the first, I mean shit look what thread we're in. IMO the first was Toppling Goliath

I'm still not buying they actually cancelled it. They're just gonna do a pop up event like FAHA
I read someplace on IG (DDB maybe? - if that’s reliable) that they were instead going to quietly sell it to only the friends/family, and special brewery regulars. The poster could’ve been joking, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they end up doing. Or, if they did “on-site only” bottles for a lesser price.

KevSal

Supremium Porter

damn this is really good! collab with funk factory in sherry barrels. wish i had a second bottle to let the funk shine. if you got one give it a couple months and it will be stellar

Latest posts