Horus Aged Ales - The Convocation Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf13

Reaction score
The Convocation - Horus Aged Ales
Cost: $350 (+tax/EB fees)

- Limited to 200 members (50 from Oceanside, 50 from S.D. County, 50 from rest of CA, and 50 from rest of U.S.)
- 16 bottles of beer (8 sours)
- 4 pieces of merchandise (including shirt and hat)

More info. to be released soon.

Emails are starting to go out for those who were selected during the lottery, so I thought it might be time to create a thread.

More info.:

-8 Club Exclusive Barrel Aged Sour Ales (6 of these will be 500ml & 2 will be 375ml) that will not be sold anywhere else; six of these will be fruited and at least four of these will be collaborations, with Great Notion and Hoof Hearted as two of the confirmed collaborators that are bottle conditioning so far. There will not be any extra bottles of these. Each member gets 1 bottle of each of the 8 offerings. These are the cream of the crop from the sour program.

-6 Bottles of three different non barrel aged Adjunct Stouts (will also have first opportunity to buy additional full allotments before the general public); all Goshawk bottles will be 650 ml: 2 Bottles of “Goshawk’s Territory”: Imperial Stout with Butte and Peerless Almonds, Ghanaian and Peruvian Cacao Nibs, & Brazilian and Guatemalan Coffee Added; 2 Bottles of “Goshawk’s Beans”: Imperial Stout with Marea Coffee’s Horus Blend Coffee Beans aged in Vanilla Bourbon Barrels and Vanilla Beans Added; 2 Bottles of “Goshawk’s Migration”: Imperial Stout with Kopi Luwak Coffee and Cape Fear Pecans Added

-2 Bottles of “#bilBerry”: Collaboration with Don’t Drink Beer; Blend of Red Wine Barrel Aged Sour Ales and a very small amount of English Barleywine aged on a massive amount of Bilberries (will also have first opportunity to buy full allotments before the general public)

-2 different Club Exclusive Tee Shirts

-1 Club Exclusive 5-Panel Hat

-1 Club Exclusive Glassware

-Right to purchase additional bottles of any public non-distributed limited release including the Goshawk series noted above and any additional barrel aged beer, hours or the day before the general public. You will get a unique password each time that gets you into the Event Brite sale early. If you share this password, you will be removed from the club immediately, no questions asked.

*There will be two Horus Aged Ales beers released separately sometime after the club goes live at El Cerrito Liquor in Corona and Bine & Vine in San Diego, that everybody will need to purchase from the respective stores, regardless of if they have club membership or not. I committed to sending these two stores these beers far before the club was even an idea.

-First right to renew membership for the next time period; future club will most likely stay at the 200 member capacity and will cost the same as this year to renew / join.

-Runs June 2018 to May 2019.

Horse whores. Are people actually signing up for something that has 10 sour bottles and 6 stouts from a brewery known for their pastry stouts that hasn't even released a sour yet? Sours that god terrible reviews at the Oceansides 11 tap takeover?
The sour that Kyle had on tap at Woodshop 11 was quite good.

The shitlords are coming out in droves for this one.
RyIBURr.png

You know, if I can't afford the cost of some brewery or meadery membership, my inclination is to drop it if I'm already a member and not sign up in the first place if I'm not.

That is far too logical and fiscally responsible though. That's not how this beer game works right? We need to go deep into debt and basically be treading water monthly, hoping for releases so that we can resell secondary in an effort to afford rent and rice. Right?

That is far too logical and fiscally responsible though. That's not how this beer game works right? We need to go deep into debt and basically be treading water monthly, hoping for releases so that we can resell secondary in an effort to afford rent and rice. Right?
Apparently I am doing this all wrong.

Ricky here with an update.

So, in the aftermath of the public shaming that I received, I went ahead and dipped into my family’s savings and paid for the membership. In retrospect, it was a mistake. Not because I can’t ultimately make up the expense with some belt synching, but because I actually have been in dire need of reexamining my priorities for some time now. The fact is I’ve been obsessing over craft beer for the last year and a half as a means to fill a void in my life, and that’s just something that craft beer will never do. I’ve been taken by an illusion, and this ordeal has broken the spell. It’s been a painful lesson, but one I’m thankful for. With that said, all the negativity that swirls around in this scene is I think a manifestation of how toxic our habits can be for many of us—just an observation, maybe I’m wrong, something I guess only each of us can decide individually. So, thanks everyone for opening my eyes, I hope you all find peace and happiness, and I won’t let the door hit me on the way out.

Ricky here with an update.

So, in the aftermath of the public shaming that I received, I went ahead and dipped into my family’s savings and paid for the membership. In retrospect, it was a mistake. Not because I can’t ultimately make up the expense with some belt synching, but because I actually have been in dire need of reexamining my priorities for some time now. The fact is I’ve been obsessing over craft beer for the last year and a half as a means to fill a void in my life, and that’s just something that craft beer will never do. I’ve been taken by an illusion, and this ordeal has broken the spell. It’s been a painful lesson, but one I’m thankful for. With that said, all the negativity that swirls around in this scene is I think a manifestation of how toxic our habits can be for many of us—just an observation, maybe I’m wrong, something I guess only each of us can decide individually. So, thanks everyone for opening my eyes, I hope you all find peace and happiness, and I won’t let the door hit me on the way out.

2cidfh.jpg

Did you get into the membership? If not, I may be able to slide you a spare allocation if you want, depending on what he ultimately determines availability is.

I had the option to buy in personally and to split it with a few friends that got in. I opted not to. In the process of reducing the vast amount of memberships I am in to just a few since drinking everything I keep getting is becoming a tad bit difficult, especially if I want to keep my girlish figure. =P

I still have a couple friends that are members, so a bottle will, hopefully, show up at a random share.

But I do appreciate the offer. Thanks.

Pineberry?

Pineberry is a white strawberry cultivar with a pineapple-like flavor, white coloring, and red seeds

Pineberries come from breeding strawberry stocks from Chile and Virginia.[2] The first commercial cultivation occurred in 2010 in the Netherlands and Belgium.[2][3]

A pineberry is smaller than a common strawberry, measuring between 15 to 23 mm (0.6 to 0.9 in). When ripe, it is almost completely white, but with red "seeds" (achenes). The plant is disease resistant, but is highly priced, although not very profitable due to small-scale farming, small berry size and low yield.[2][3] Pineberries are available in the spring and summer.

Back